Financial Markets Equilibrium with Heterogeneous Agents
This paper presents an equilibrium model in a pure exchange economy when investors have three possible sources of heterogeneity. Investors may differ in their beliefs, in their level of risk aversion, and in their time preference rate. The authors study the impact of investors' heterogeneity on equilibrium properties and, in particular, on the consumption shares, the market price of risk, the risk-free rate, the bond prices at different maturities, the stock price and volatility as well as on the stock's cumulative returns, and optimal portfolio strategies. The authors relate the heterogeneous economy with the family of associated homogeneous economies with only one class of investors. Cross-sectional as well as long-run properties are analyzed. Copyright 2011, Oxford University Press.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 16 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: 01865 267 985
Web page: http://rof.oxfordjournals.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.co.uk/journals|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tony Berrada, 2009. "Bounded Rationality and Asset Pricing with Intermediate Consumption," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 13(4), pages 693-725.
- Dumas, Bernard, 1989. "Two-Person Dynamic Equilibrium in the Capital Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 157-88.
- Riedel, Frank, 2001. "Existence of Arrow-Radner Equilibrium with Endogenously Complete Markets under Incomplete Information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 109-122, March.
- Clotilde Napp & Elyès Jouini, 2007.
"Consensus consumer and intertemporal asset pricing with heterogeneous beliefs,"
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp, 2003. "Consensus consumer and intertemporal asset pricing with heterogeneous beliefs," Finance 0312001, EconWPA.
- Leonid Kogan & Stephen A. Ross & Jiang Wang & Mark M. Westerfield, 2006.
"The Price Impact and Survival of Irrational Traders,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(1), pages 195-229, 02.
- Leonid Kogan & Stephen Ross & Jiang Wang & Mark Westerfield, 2003. "The Price Impact and Survival of Irrational Traders," NBER Working Papers 9434, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kogan, Leonid & Ross, Stephen & Wang, Jiang & Westerfield, Mark, 2003. "The Price Impact and Survival of Irrational Traders," Working papers 4293-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Leonid Kogan & Stephen Ross, 2004. "The Price Impact and Survival of Irrational Traders," 2004 Meeting Papers 35, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Cvitanic Jaksa & Malamud Semyon, 2010. "Relative Extinction of Heterogeneous Agents," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-23, February.
- Elyès Jouini & Jean-Michel Marin & Clotilde Napp, 2010.
"Discounting and Divergence of Opinion,"
- Jiang, Wang, 1996. "The term structure of interest rates in a pure exchange economy with heterogeneous investors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 75-110, May.
- Berrada, Tony & Hugonnier, Julien & Rindisbacher, Marcel, 2007. "Heterogeneous preferences and equilibrium trading volume," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 719-750, March.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Stefan Nagel, 2008. "Do Wealth Fluctuations Generate Time-Varying Risk Aversion? Micro-evidence on Individuals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 713-36, June.
- Detemple, Jerome & Murthy, Shashidhar, 1997. "Equilibrium Asset Prices and No-Arbitrage with Portfolio Constraints," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 1133-74.
- Raman Uppal & Harjoat Bhamra, 2013.
"Asset Prices with Heterogeneity in Preferences and Beliefs,"
2013 Meeting Papers
1344, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Harjoat S. Bhamra & Raman Uppal, 2014. "Asset Prices with Heterogeneity in Preferences and Beliefs," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(2), pages 519-580.
- Bhamra, Harjoat Singh & Uppal, Raman, 2013. "Asset Prices with Heterogeneity in Preferences and Beliefs," CEPR Discussion Papers 9459, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Duffie, J Darrell & Huang, Chi-fu, 1985. "Implementing Arrow-Debreu Equilibria by Continuous Trading of Few Long-lived Securities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1337-56, November.
- Mele, Antonio, 2007. "Asymmetric stock market volatility and the cyclical behavior of expected returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 446-478, November.
- Jaksa CVITANIC & Semyon MALAMUD, . "Equilibrium Driven by Discounted Dividend Volatility," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-34, Swiss Finance Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:revfin:v:16:y:2011:i:1:p:285-321. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.