An Indian Model of Aristocratic Patronage
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gronau, Reuben, 1988.
"Sex-Related Wage Differentials and Women's Interrupted Labor Careers--The Chicken or the Egg,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(3), pages 277-301, July.
- Reuben Gronau, 1982. "Sex-Related Wage Differentials and Women's Interrupted Labor Careers--The Chicken or the Egg," NBER Working Papers 1002, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Groot, W. & Ours, J.C., 1993. "Career interruptions and subsequent earnings : a case study for the Netherlands," Serie Research Memoranda 0079, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Edin, P.A. & Nynabb, J., 1992. "Gender Wage Differentials and Interrupted Work Careers : Swedish Evidence," Papers 1992-17, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dickens, Richard, 1996.
"The evolution of individual male earnings in Great Britain 1974-1994,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20647, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Dickens, 1996. "The Evolution of Individual Male Earnings in Great Britain 1974-1994," CEP Discussion Papers dp0306, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1997. "Swimming Upstream: Trends in the Gender Wage Differential in 1980s," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Abowd, John M & Card, David, 1989.
"On the Covariance Structure of Earnings and Hours Changes,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 411-445, March.
- John M. Abowd & David Card, 1986. "On the Covariance Structure of Earnings and Hours Changes," NBER Working Papers 1832, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James W. Albrecht & Per-Anders Edin & Marianne Sundström & Susan B. Vroman, 1999.
"Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earnings: A Reexamination Using Swedish Data,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(2), pages 294-311.
- Albrecht, James W. & Edin, Per-Anders & Sundström, Marianne & Vroman, Susan B., 1996. "Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earnings: A Reexamination Using Swedish Data," Working Paper Series 1996:23, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Albrecht, J & Edin, P-A & Sundstrom, M & Vroman, S-B, 1996. "Career Interruptions and Subsequent Earning : A Reexamination Using Swedish Data," Papers 1996-23, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Dickens, Richard, 2000. "The Evolution of Individual Male Earnings in Great Britain: 1975-95," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(460), pages 27-49, January.
- Jacob Mincer & Haim Ofek, 1982. "Interrupted Work Careers: Depreciation and Restoration of Human Capital," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(1), pages 3-24.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joshua Evan Blumenstock & Nathan Eagle & Marcel Fafchamps, 2011.
"Risk and Reciprocity Over the Mobile Phone Network: Evidence from Rwanda,"
11-25, NET Institute, revised Sep 2011.
- Joshua Blumenstock & Nathan Eagle & Marcel Fafchamps, 2011. "Risk and Reciprocity Over the Mobile Phone Network: Evidence from Rwanda," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-19, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Sheahan, Megan & Liu, Yanyan & Barrett, Christopher B. & Narayanan, Sudha, 2014.
"The political economy of MGNREGS spending in Andhra Pradesh:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1371, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Megan Sheahan & Yanyan Liu & Christopher B. Barrett & Sudha Narayanan, 2014. "The Political economy of MGNREGS spending in Andhra Pradesh," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-030, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Megan Sheahan & Yanyan Liu & Christopher B. Barrett & Sudha Narayanan, 2014. "The Political Economy of MGNREGS Spending in Andhra Pradesh," Working Papers id:6021, eSocialSciences.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Seki, Erika, 2007. "Heterogeneity, social esteem and feasibility of collective action," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 302-325, July.
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & Sekeris, Petros G., 2010.
"On the feasibility of power and status ranking in traditional setups,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 267-282, September.
- Petros Sekeris & Jean-Philippe Platteau, 2010. "On the Feasibility of Power and Status Ranking in Traditional Setups," Post-Print halshs-00122421, HAL.
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 2002. "Inequality and Risk," WIDER Working Paper Series 007, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael, 2007.
"Governance in the Gullies: Democratic Responsiveness and Leadership in Delhi's Slums,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 230-246, February.
- Jha, Saumitra & Rao, Vijayendra & Woolcock, Michael, 2005. "Governance in the gullies : democratic responsiveness and leadership in Delhi's slums," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3694, The World Bank.
- Petros Sekeris, 2011.
"Endogenous elites: power structure and patron-client relationships,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 237-258, September.
- Petros G. Sekeris, 2010. "Endogenous Elites: Power Structure and Patron-Client Relationships," Working Papers 1008, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Azam Chaudhry & Kate Vyborny, 2013. "Patronage in Rural Punjab: Evidence from a New Household Survey Dataset," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(Special E), pages 183-209, September.
- Srinivas, Smita, 2010. "Industrial welfare and the state: nation and city reconsidered," MPRA Paper 52651, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:foi:wpaper:2010_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Blumenstock, Joshua E. & Eagle, Nathan & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2016. "Airtime transfers and mobile communications: Evidence in the aftermath of natural disasters," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 157-181.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2007.
"Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 633-667.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2002. "Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines," Working Papers DT/2002/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Marcel Fafchamps & Flore Gubert, 2004. "Contingent Loan Repayment in the Philippines," Economics Series Working Papers 215, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxecpp:v:47:y:1995:i:4:p:636-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.