Buying a Dream: Alternative Models of Demand for Lotto
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernhardt, Dan & Scoones, David, 1994. "A Note on Sequential Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 653-657, June.
- von der Fehr, N.-H. M. & Riis, C., 1998. "Option Values in Sequential Markets," Memorandum 07/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1994. "Sequential auctions of stochastically equivalent objects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 87-90.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1989. "How Auctions Work for Wine and Art," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 23-36, Summer.
- Milgrom, Paul R & Weber, Robert J, 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1089-1122, September.
- McAfee R. Preston & Vincent Daniel, 1993. "The Declining Price Anomaly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 191-212, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Humphreys, Brad R. & Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2013.
"Consumption benefits and gambling: Evidence from the NCAA basketball betting market,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 376-386.
- Humphreys, Brad & Paul, Rodney & Weinbach, Andrew, 2010. "Consumption Benefits and Gambling: Evidence From the NCAA Basketball Betting Market," Working Papers 2010-7, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- van Winden, Frans & Krawczyk, Michal & Hopfensitz, Astrid, 2011.
"Investment, resolution of risk, and the role of affect,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 918-939.
- Hopfensitz, Astrid & Krawczyk, Michal & van Winden, Frans A.A.M., 2008. "Investment, Resolution of Risk, and the Role of Affect," CEPR Discussion Papers 6822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frans Van Winden & Michal Krawczyk & Astrid Hopfensitz, 2010. "Investment, Resolution of Risk, and the Role of Affect," CESifo Working Paper Series 2975, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hopfensitz, Astrid & Krawczyk, Michal & Van Winden, Frans, 2009. "Investment, Resolution of Risk, and the Role of Affect," TSE Working Papers 09-123, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Frans van Winden & Michal Krawczyk & Astrid Hopfensitz, 2008. "Investment, Resolution of Risk, and the Role of Affect," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-047/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Matheson, Victor A. & Grote, Kent R., 2004. "Lotto fever: do lottery players act rationally around large jackpots?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 233-237, May.
- Hofer, Vera & Leitner, Johannes, 2011. "Should European gamblers play lotto in the USA?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 215(1), pages 181-187, November.
- Mao, Luke Lunhua & Zhang, James J. & Connaughton, Daniel P., 2015. "Sports gambling as consumption: Evidence from demand for sports lottery," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 436-447.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Krawczyk, Michal & van Winden, Frans, 2014.
"‘Let me dream on!’ Anticipatory emotions and preference for timing in lotteries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 29-40.
- Martin Kocher & Michal Krawczyk & Frans van Winden, 2009. "'Let me dream on!' Anticipatory Emotions and Preference for Timing in Lotteries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 09-098/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Krawczyk, Michal & van Winden, Frans, 2014. "'Let me dream on!' Anticipatory emotions and preference for timing in lotteries," Munich Reprints in Economics 18173, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Peel, D.A., 2010. "On lottery sales, jackpot sizes and irrationality: A cautionary note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(3), pages 161-163, December.
- Per Binde, 2005. "Gambling Across Cultures: Mapping Worldwide Occurrence and Learning from Ethnographic Comparison," International Gambling Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, June.
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2014. "Media exposure and individual choices: Evidence from lottery players," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 385-391.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:40:y:2002:i:3:p:485-496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .