Inconsistent Transfer Prices And The Location Of Mobile Capital
We investigate the effects of inconsistent transfer prices on the location and efficiency of capital investments made by multinational firms in a competitive equilibrium. Inconsistent transfer prices create the potential for double taxation. We examine the effects of inconsistent transfer prices on production decisions, production efficiency, and repatriation behavior. We also show how transfer price inconsistency affects the consequences of U.S. tax policy choices relating to the corporate income tax rate, deferral of U.S. taxation of active foreign source income, and the taxation of foreign income on a territorial basis instead of a worldwide basis.
Volume (Year): 63 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: (202) 737-7308
Web page: http://www.ntanet.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anand, Bharat N. & Sansing, Richard, 2000. "The Weighting Game: Formula Apportionment as an Instrument of Public Policy," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 2), pages 183-200, June.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Harry Grubert, 2001.
"Repatriation Taxes, Repatriation Strategies and Multinational Financial Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
8144, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altshuler, Rosanne & Grubert, Harry, 2003. "Repatriation taxes, repatriation strategies and multinational financial policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 73-107, January.
- Rosanne Altshuler & Harry Grubert, 2002. "Repatriation Taxes, Repatriation Strategies and Multinational Financial Policy," Departmental Working Papers 200009, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- De Waegenaere, Anja & Sansing, Richard & Wielhouwer, Jacco L., 2007. "Using Bilateral Advance Pricing Agreements to Resolve Tax Transfer Pricing Disputes," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 60(2), pages 173-91, June.
- James R. Hines Jr., 1992.
"Credit and Deferral as International Investment Incentives,"
NBER Working Papers
4191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hines, James Jr., 1994. "Credit and deferral as international investment incentives," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 323-347, October.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines, James R. Jr., 2004. "Old Rules and New Realities: Corporate Tax Policy in a Global Setting," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 57(4), pages 937-60, December.
- Hartman, David G., 1985. "Tax policy and foreign direct investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 107-121, February.
- Hines, J.R. & Rice, E.M., 1990.
"Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens And American Business,"
56, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Hines, James R, Jr & Rice, Eric M, 1994. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 109(1), pages 149-82, February.
- James R. Hines, Jr. & Eric M. Rice, 1990. "Fiscal Paradise: Foreign Tax Havens and American Business," NBER Working Papers 3477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elitzur, Ramy & Mintz, Jack, 1996. "Transfer pricing rules and corporate tax competition," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 401-422, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:63:y:2010:i:4:p:1085-1109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.