Demography and Migration as Human Security Factors: the Case of South Eastern Europe
Demographic dynamics and population movements have important ramifications for human security and pose new challenges both for public policy and for international relations. The aim of this paper is to offer an overview of the possible linkages between migration and demography on one hand and human security on the other, focusing on the case of South Eastern Europe. Though the theoretical framework is not as yet fully elaborated, the growing volume of relevant literature reflects a fast-growing interest in the political and international implications of demographic phenomena.
Volume (Year): 4 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tplondon.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tplondon.com/journal/index.php/ml/information/librarians/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dimiter Philipov, 2002. "Fertility in times of discontinuous societal change: the case of Central and Eastern Europe," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-024, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Sobotka, TomÃ¡Å¡, 2002. "Ten years of rapid fertility changes in the European post-communist countries. Evidence and interpretation," Research Reports 02-01, University of Groningen, Population Research Centre (PRC).
- J. Andrew Slack & Roy R. Doyon, 2001. "Population Dynamics and Susceptibility for Ethnic Conflict: The Case of Bosnia and Herzegovina," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 38(2), pages 139-161, March.
- FFF1France NNN1Meslé, 2004. "Mortality in Central and Eastern Europe," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 2(3), pages 45-70, April.
- repec:dgr:rugprc:02-01 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mig:journl:v:4:y:2007:i:2:p:103-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (I. Sirkeci)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.