Paradox of Writing Clear Rules: Interplay of Financial Reporting Standards and Engineering
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shyam Sunder, 2005. "Social Norms versus Standards of Accounting," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2525, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2005.
- Anil Arya & Shyam Sunder & Jonathan Glover, 2002. "Are Unmanaged Earnings Always Better for Shareholders?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm295, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2003.
- Lang, Matthias & Wambach, Achim, 2013.
"The fog of fraud – Mitigating fraud by strategic ambiguity,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 255-275.
- Matthias Lang & Achim Wambach, 2010. "The fog of fraud – mitigating fraud by strategic ambiguity," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_24, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Sunder, Shyam, 2002.
"Regulatory competition among accounting standards within and across international boundaries,"
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 219-234.
- Shyam Sunder & Journal Accounting, 2002. "Regulatory Competition Among Accounting Standards Within and Across International Boundaries," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm317, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2003.
- Shyam Sunder, 2011. "IFRS monopoly: the Pied Piper of financial reporting," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 291-306, August.
- Shyam Sunder, 2007. "Uniform Financial Reporting Standards: Reconsidering the Top-Down Push," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2572, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2007.
- Shyam Sunder, 2002. "Extensive Income and Value of the Firm: Who Gets What?," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2607, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2009.
- Jonathan C. Glover & Anil Arya & Shyam NMI Sunder, 1999. "Earnings Management and the Revelation Principle," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm120, Yale School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carruthers Bruce G., 2015. "Isabelle Huault and Christelle Richard: Regulation Writ Large: A Comment on Huault and Richard’ “The Discreet Regulator”," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 227-232, July.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Reporting; Financial Engineering; Written Standards; Social Norms; Regulatory Equilibrium;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kob:tjrevi:dec2011:v:1:p:119-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (TJAR Editorial Office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rikobjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.