Predicting Household Switching Behavior and Switching Costs at Depository Institutions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven A. Sharpe, 1992. "Consumer switching costs, market structure and prices: the theory and its application in the bank deposit market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 183, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Zephirin, M G, 1994. "Switching Costs in the Deposit Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(423), pages 455-461, March.
- Paul Klemperer, 1995. "Competition when Consumers have Switching Costs: An Overview with Applications to Industrial Organization, Macroeconomics, and International Trade," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(4), pages 515-539.
- Dean F. Amel & Martha Starr-McCluer, 2001. "Market definition in banking: recent evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-16, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kenneth G. Elzinga & David E. Mills, 1998. "Switching Costs in the Wholesale Distribution of Cigarettes," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(2), pages 282-293, October.
- Elizabeth K. Kiser, 2002. "Household switching behavior at depository institutions: evidence from survey data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shane M. Greenstein, 1993. "Did Installed Base Given an Incumbent Any (Measurable) Advantages in Federal Computer Procurement?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(1), pages 19-39, Spring.
- Moshe Kim & Doron Kliger & Bent Vale, 2001. "Estimating Switching Costs and Oligopolistic Behavior," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-13, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Calem, Paul S & Carlino, Gerald A, 1991.
"The Concentration/Conduct Relationship in Bank Deposit Markets,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 268-276, May.
- Paul S. Calem & Gerald A. Carlino, 1989. "The concentration/conduct relationship in bank deposit markets," Working Papers 89-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Beggs, Alan W & Klemperer, Paul, 1992. "Multi-period Competition with Switching Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 651-666, May.
- Myron L. Kwast & Martha Starr-McCluer & John D. Wolken, 1997. "Market definition and the analysis of antitrust in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adams, Robert M., 2017. "Bank Fees, Aftermarkets, and Consumer Behavior," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-054, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brunetti, M. & Ciciretti, R. & Djordjevic, Lj., 2016.
"The determinants of household’s bank switching,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 175-189.
- Marianna Brunetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ljubica Djordjevic, 2014. "The Determinants of Household's Bank Switching," CEIS Research Paper 322, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Nov 2015.
- Marianna Brunetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ljubica Djordjevic, 2015. "The Determinants of Household's Bank Switching," Working Paper series 15-24, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Nathan H. Miller, 2008. "Competition When Consumers Value Firm Scope," EAG Discussions Papers 200807, Department of Justice, Antitrust Division.
- John Ashton & Andros Gregoriou, 2014. "The role of implicit costs and product quality in determining the customer costs of using personal current accounts," Working Papers 14001, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Carin Cruijsen & Maaike Diepstraten, 2017.
"Banking Products: You Can Take Them with You, So Why Don’t You?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 123-154, October.
- Carin van der Cruijsen & Maaike Diepstraten, 2015. "Banking products: you can take them with you, so why don't you?," DNB Working Papers 490, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- van der Cruijsen, Carin & Diepstraten, Maaike, 2017. "Banking products : You can take them with you, so why don't you?," Other publications TiSEM a085788f-bc7d-4f5c-8a8c-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- M. Girotti & R. Meade, 2017.
"U.S. Savings Banks' Demutualization and Depositor Welfare,"
639, Banque de France.
- Mattia Girotti & Richard Meade, 2017. "U.S. Savings Banks' Demutualization and Depositor Welfare," Working Papers 2017-08 JEL Classificatio, Auckland University of Technology, Department of Economics.
- John Ashton & Andros Gregoriou & Jerome V. Healy, 2013. "The relative influence of price and choice factors on retail deposit quantities," Working Papers 13006, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2009.
"Banks, markets, and efficiency,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 131-160, March.
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2005. "Banks, markets, and efficiency," Staff Reports 210, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Falko Fecht & Antoine Martin, 2005. "Banks, Markets, and Efficiency," Finance 0507017, EconWPA.
- Fecht, Falko & Martin, Antoine, 2005. "Banks, markets, and efficiency," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2005,04, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robert M. Adams, 2011.
"Consumer Switching Costs And Firm Pricing: Evidence From Bank Pricing Of Deposit Accounts,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 296-320, June.
- Timothy H. Hannan, 2008. "Consumer switching costs and firm pricing: evidence from bank pricing of deposit accounts," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-32, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Chun‐Yu Ho, 2015. "Switching Cost And Deposit Demand In China," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 56, pages 723-749, August.
- Dick, Astrid A., 2008. "Demand estimation and consumer welfare in the banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1661-1676, August.
- Stijn Ferrari, 2010. "Discriminatory fees, coordination and investment in shared ATM networks," Working Paper Research 184, National Bank of Belgium.
- Martin Brown & Matthias Hoffmann, 2016.
"Relationship Banking in the Residential Mortgage Market? Evidence from Switzerland,"
Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES),
Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 152(I), pages 23-48, March.
- Brown, Martin & Hoffmann, Matthias, 2013. "Relationship Banking in the Residential Mortgage Market? Evidence from Switzerland," Working Papers on Finance 1310, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Jun 2015.
- Robert M. Adams & Kenneth P. Brevoort & Elizabeth K. Kiser, 2005. "Who competes with whom? the case of depository institutions," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-03, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shizuka Sekita, 2005. "Does Depositors' Discipline by Households Exist? (in Japanese)," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 05-10, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Anderson, Robert D.J. & Ashton, John K. & Hudson, Robert S., 2014.
"The influence of product age on pricing decisions: An examination of bank deposit interest rate setting,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 216-230.
- Robert D. J. Anderson & John Ashton & Robert S. Hudson, 2013. "The Influence of Product Age on Pricing Decisions: An examination of bank deposit interest rate setting," Working Papers 13014, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Brown, Martin & Guin, Benjamin & Morkoetter, Stefan, 2013. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks: The Importance of Switching Costs," Working Papers on Finance 1319, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Dec 2017.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2013.
"A Simple Model of Health Insurance Competition,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(4), pages 432-448, November.
- Kemnitz, Alexander, 2010. "A simple model of health insurance competition," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 09/10, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Alexander Kemnitz, 2010. "A Simple Model of Health Insurance Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 3220, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guin, Benjamin & Brown, Martin & Morkötter, Stefan, 2015. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113081, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Donatella Porrini & Giovanni B. Ramello, 2005.
"Competition in banking: switching costs and the limits of antitrust enforcement,"
Chapters,in: Law and the State, chapter 13
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giovanni B. Ramello & Donatella Porrini, 2004. "Competition in Banking: Switching Costs and the Limits of Antitrust Enforcement," LIUC Papers in Economics 153, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- D.F. Gerritsen & J.A. Bikker & M. Brandsen, 2017.
"Bank switching and deposit rates : Evidence for crisis and non-crisis years,"
17-08, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Dirk Gerritsen & Jacob Bikker & Mike Brandsen, 2017. "Bank switching and deposit rates: Evidence for crisis and non-crisis years," DNB Working Papers 552, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Fabien Tripier, 2014. "A Search-Theoretic Approach to Efficient Financial Intermediation," Working Papers 2014-18, CEPII research center.
- Maaike Diepstraten & Carin van der Cruijsen, 2017. "To stay or go? Consumer bank switching behaviour after government interventions," DNB Working Papers 550, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- repec:wsi:ijitdm:v:16:y:2017:i:06:n:s021962201550011x is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Branzoli, 2016. "Price dispersion and consumer inattention: evidence from the market of bank accounts," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1082, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
KeywordsDepository institutions; merger policy; switching costs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:20:y:2002:i:4:p:349-365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.