The temporal dimension of knowledge and the limits of policy appraisal: biofuels policy in the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Levy, Jack S., 1994. "Learning and foreign policy: sweeping a conceptual minefield," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 48(02), pages 279-312, March.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- Searchinger, Timothy & Heimlich, Ralph & Houghton, R. A. & Dong, Fengxia & Elobeid, Amani & Fabiosa, Jacinto F. & Tokgoz, Simla & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yu, Hun-Hsiang, 2008. "Use of U.S. Croplands for Biofuels Increases Greenhouse Gases Through Emissions from Land-Use Change," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12881, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Bomb, Christian & McCormick, Kes & Deurwaarder, Ewout & Kaberger, Tomas, 2007. "Biofuels for transport in Europe: Lessons from Germany and the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2256-2267, April.
- Denzau, Arthur T & North, Douglass C, 1994. "Shared Mental Models: Ideologies and Institutions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 3-31.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berti, Pietro & Levidow, Les, 2014. "Fuelling expectations: A policy-promise lock-in of UK biofuel policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 135-143.
- Radchenko, Tatiana & Parshina, Elena, 2014. "Regulatory Impact Assessment in Russia: Practical Applications and conclusions of the theory," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Nanny Bressers & Mark Twist & Ernst Heuvelhof, 2013. "Exploring the temporal dimension in policy evaluation studies," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 46(1), pages 23-37, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuels; Chief Scientific Advisers; Learning; New institutional economics; Policy appraisal; Positive feedback; Time;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:policy:v:43:y:2010:i:4:p:343-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .