Swiss Exchange Rate Policy in the 1930s. Was the Delay in Devaluation Too High a Price to Pay for Conservatism?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Bordo & Thomas Helbling & Harold James, 2006. "Swiss Exchange Rate Policy in the 1930s. Was the Delay in Devaluation Too High a Price to Pay for Conservatism?," NBER Working Papers 12491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCallum, Bennett T & Nelson, Edward, 2000.
"Monetary Policy for an Open Economy: An Alternative Framework with Optimizing Agents and Sticky Prices,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 74-91, Winter.
- McCallum, Bennett T & Nelson, Edward, 2001. "Monetary Policy for an Open Economy: An Alternative Framework with Optimizing Agents and Sticky Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 2756, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 2001. "Monetary Policy for an Open Economy: An Alternative Framework with Optimizing Agents and Sticky Prices," NBER Working Papers 8175, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T McCallum & Edward Nelson, 2001. "Monetary Policy for an Open Economy: An Alternative Framework with Optimising Agents and Sticky Prices," Discussion Papers 05, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Ryo Kato, 2001. "Matlab code for the McCallum/Nelson model," QM&RBC Codes 111, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Peter Temin, 1991. "Lessons from the Great Depression," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262700441, January.
- Ben Bemanke & Harold James, 1991. "The Gold Standard, Deflation, and Financial Crisis in the Great Depression: An International Comparison," NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets and Financial Crises, pages 33-68 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siklos, Pierre L., 2008.
"The Fed's reaction to the stock market during the great depression: Fact or artefact?,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 164-184, April.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 2007. "The Fed's Reaction to the Stock Market During the Great Depression: Fact or Artefact?," Working Paper series 33_07, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Paul Hallwood & Ronald MacDonald & Ian Marsh, 2011.
"Remilitarization and the End of the Gold Bloc in 1936,"
Springer, pages 305-321.
- Montizaan R.M. & Fouarge D. & Grip A. de, 2013. "How sensitive are individual retirement expectations to raising the retirement age," Research Memorandum 020, Maastricht University, Graduate School of Business and Economics (GSBE).
- de Grip, A. & Fouarge, D. & Montizaan, R.M., 2013. "How sensitive are individual retirement expectations to raising the retirement age?," ROA Research Memorandum 006, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- de Grip, Andries & Fouarge, Didier & Montizaan, Raymond, 2013. "How Sensitive Are Individual Retirement Expectations to Raising the Retirement Age?," IZA Discussion Papers 7269, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rockoff, Hugh & White, Eugene N., 2012. "Monetary Regimes and Policy on a Global Scale: The Oeuvre of Michael D. Bordo," MPRA Paper 49672, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2013.
- repec:usg:auswrt:2017:68:01:101-108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Payne & Lawrence Uren, 2014. "Economic Policy and the Great Depression in a Small Open Economy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(2-3), pages 347-370, March.
- Peter Rosenkranz & Tobias Straumann & Ulrich Woitek, 2014. "A small open economy in the Great Depression: the case of Switzerland," ECON - Working Papers 164, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Michael D. Bordo & Pierre L. Siklos, 2017. "Central Banks: Evolution and Innovation in Historical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 23847, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsSwitzerland; Exchange rate policy; Devaluation; Gold bloc; Great depression; N14; N24;
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:18:y:2007:i:1:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .