Risk preferences and changes in background risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Diamond, Peter A. & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1974. "Increases in risk and in risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 337-360, July.
- Pratt, John W & Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1987. "Proper Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 143-154, January.
- Christian Gollier, 2004. "The Economics of Risk and Time," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262572249, January.
- Eeckhoudt, Louis & Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1996.
"Changes in Background Risk and Risk-Taking Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 683-689, May.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & Christian GOLLIER & Harris SCHLESINGER, 1994. "Changes in Background Risk and Risk Taking Behavior," Working Papers 005, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1993. "Standard Risk Aversion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 589-611, May.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Some Stronger Measures of Risk Aversion in the Small and the Large with Applications," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 621-638, May.
- Gollier, Christian & Pratt, John W, 1996. "Risk Vulnerability and the Tempering Effect of Background Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(5), pages 1109-1123, September.
- Machina, Mark J & Pratt, John W, 1997. "Increasing Risk: Some Direct Constructions," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-127, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Jianli & Li, Jingyuan, 2014. "Decreasing Ross risk aversion: Higher-order generalizations and implications," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 136-142.
- Andrew Friedson & Thomas Kniesner, 2012.
"Losers and losers: Some demographics of medical malpractice tort reforms,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 115-133, October.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & Andrew Friedson, 2011. "Losers and Losers: Some Demographics of Medical Malpractice Tort Reforms," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 132, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Friedson, Andrew I. & Kniesner, Thomas J., 2011. "Losers and Losers: Some Demographics of Medical Malpractice Tort Reforms," IZA Discussion Papers 5921, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Octave Jokung, 2013. "Changes in multiplicative background risk and risk-taking behavior," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 74(1), pages 127-149, January.
- Keenan, Donald C. & Snow, Arthur, 2012. "Ross risk vulnerability for introductions and changes in background risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 197-206.
- Huang, James, 2014. "Convex and decreasing absolute risk aversion is proper," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 123-125.
More about this item
KeywordsExpected utility; Risk aversion; Vulnerability; Properness; Standardness; D80;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrisku:v:36:y:2008:i:2:p:139-152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .