Categorical data in local maximum likelihood: theory and applications to productivity analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bădin, Luiza & Simar, Léopold, 2009. "A Bias-Corrected Nonparametric Envelopment Estimator Of Frontiers," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(05), pages 1289-1318, October.
- Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2006.
"On Testing Equality of Distributions of Technical Efficiency Scores,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 497-522.
- Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2004. "On testing equality of distributions of technical efficiency scores," MPRA Paper 28003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Hall & Qi Li & Jeffrey S. Racine, 2007. "Nonparametric Estimation of Regression Functions in the Presence of Irrelevant Regressors," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(4), pages 784-789, November.
- Racine, Jeff & Li, Qi, 2004. "Nonparametric estimation of regression functions with both categorical and continuous data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 99-130, March.
- Markus Frölich, 2006. "Non-parametric regression for binary dependent variables," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 9(3), pages 511-540, November.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Park, Byeong U. & Simar, Léopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2008.
"Local likelihood estimation of truncated regression and its partial derivatives: Theory and application,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 185-198, September.
- Park, Byeong & Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2006. "Local likelihood estimation of truncated regression and its partial derivatives: theory and application," MPRA Paper 34686, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Byeong U. Park & Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Local Likelihood Estimation of Truncated Regression and Its Partial Derivatives: Theory and Application," Discussion Papers 7, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Jeffery Racine & Jeffrey Hart & Qi Li, 2006. "Testing the Significance of Categorical Predictor Variables in Nonparametric Regression Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 523-544.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2011.
"Stochastic FDH/DEA estimators for frontier analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 1-20, August.
- Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2008. "Stochastic FDH/DEA estimators for Frontier Analysis," Discussion Papers 8, Kyiv School of Economics.
- Subodh Kumar & R. Robert Russell, 2002. "Technological Change, Technological Catch-up, and Capital Deepening: Relative Contributions to Growth and Convergence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 527-548, June.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355.
- Daniel J. Henderson & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Testing for (Efficiency) Catching-up," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1003-1019, April.
- Valentin Zelenyuk & Vitaliy Zheka, 2006. "Corporate Governance and Firm’s Efficiency: The Case of a Transitional Country, Ukraine," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 143-157, April.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fan Zhang & Joshua Hall & Feng Yao, 2017. "Does Economic Freedom Affect The Production Frontier? A Semiparametric Approach With Panel Data," Working Papers 17-27, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Kelly D.T.Trinh & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2015. "Productivity Growth and Convergence: Revisiting Kumar and Russell (2002)," CEPA Working Papers Series WP112015, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:265:y:2018:i:2:p:748-764 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher F. Parmeter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2016. "A Bridge Too Far? The State of the Art in Combining the Virtues of Stochastic Frontier Analysis and Data Envelopement Analysis," Working Papers 2016-10, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:166:y:2018:i:c:p:25-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:266:y:2018:i:2:p:746-760 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsStochastic frontier models; Truncated regression; Local maximum likelihood; Nonparametric smoothing; Categorical variables; C13; C14; C2;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:43:y:2015:i:2:p:199-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.