The Gendered Meanings of Assets for Divorce
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clinton Gudmunson & Ivan Beutler & Craig Israelsen & J. McCoy & E. Hill, 2007. "Linking Financial Strain to Marital Instability: Examining the Roles of Emotional Distress and Marital Interaction," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 357-376, September.
- Zagorsky, Jay L., 2003. "Husbands' and wives' view of the family finances," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 127-146, May.
- Anne Winkler & Timothy McBride & Courtney Andrews, 2005. "Wives who outearn their husbands: A transitory or persistent phenomenon for couples?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 523-535, August.
- Pollak, Robert A, 1985. "A Transaction Cost Approach to Families and Households," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 581-608, June.
- Kathrine Daniels & Kathryn Rettig & Robert delMas, 2006. "Alternative Formulas for Distributing Parental Incomes at Divorce," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 4-26, April.
- Matthew McKeever & Nicholas H. Wolfinger, 2001. "Reexamining the Economic Costs of Marital Disruption for Women," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 82(1), pages 202-217.
- Audrey Light & Manuelita Ureta, 2003. "Living Arrangements, Employment Status, and the Economic Well-Being of Mothers: Evidence from Brazil, Chile and the United States," Working Papers 03-06, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kathleen Malone & Susan Stewart & Jan Wilson & Peter Korsching, 2010. "Perceptions of Financial Well-Being among American Women in Diverse Families," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 63-81, March.
- Linda Skogrand & Alena Johnson & Amanda Horrocks & John DeFrain, 2011. "Financial Management Practices of Couples with Great Marriages," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 27-35, March.
- Christopher Tamborini & Howard Iams & Gayle Reznik, 2012. "Women’s Earnings Before and After Marital Dissolution: Evidence from Longitudinal Earnings Records Matched to Survey Data," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 69-82, March.
- Chang-Keun Han & Song-Iee Hong, 2011. "Assets and Life Satisfaction Patterns Among Korean Older Adults: Latent Class Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 100(2), pages 225-240, January.
- Chang-Keun Han & Michael Sherraden, 2009. "Attitudes and Saving in Individual Development Accounts: Latent Class Analysis," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 226-236, September.
- Sandra Hofferth & Angela Pinzon, 2011. "Do Nonresidential Fathers’ Financial Support and Contact Improve Children’s Health?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 280-295, June.
- Antwan Jones, 2010. "Stability of Men’s Interracial First Unions: A Test of Educational Differentials and Cohabitation History," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 241-256, June.
- Alejandro Cid & Charles Stokes, 2013.
"Family Structure and Children’s Education Outcome: Evidence from Uruguay,"
Journal of Family and Economic Issues,
Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 185-199, June.
- Cid, Alejandro & Stokes, Charles, 2012. "Family structure and children's education outcome: Evidence from Uruguay," MPRA Paper 39914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- So-Yun Kim & Gong-Soog Hong & Catherine Montalto, 2012. "The Effect of Long-Term Care Insurance on Home Care Use Among the Disabled Elders," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 353-362, September.
- Todd Kendall, 2011. "The Relationship Between Internet Access and Divorce Rate," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 449-460, September.
- Alejandro Cid & Charles E. Stokes, 2011. "Family Structural Influences on Children’s Education Attainment:Evidence from Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo/Working Papers 1103, Facultad de Ciencias Empresariales y Economia. Universidad de Montevideo..
- Jeffrey Dew & Joseph Price, 2011. "Beyond Employment and Income: The Association Between Young Adults’ Finances and Marital Timing," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 424-436, September.
- Jeffrey Dew, 2011. "The Association Between Consumer Debt and the Likelihood of Divorce," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 554-565, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAssets; Commitment; Divorce; Gender; Marital satisfaction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:30:y:2009:i:1:p:20-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .