Price Competition and Consumer Externalities in a Vertically Differentiated Duopoly with Information Disparities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joel Waldfogel & Lu Chen, 2003. "Does Information Undermine Brand? Information Intermediary Use and Preference for Branded Web Retailers," NBER Working Papers 9942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Cavaliere, 2004. "Price Competition with Information Disparities in a Vertically Differentiated Duopoly," Working Papers 2004.39, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabian Herweg, 2012.
"Relaxing competition through quality differentiation and price discrimination,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 1-26, May.
- Herweg, Fabian, 2012. "Relaxing competition through quality differentiation and price discrimination," Munich Reprints in Economics 19413, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Alberto Cavaliere & Giovanni Crea, 2016. "Vertical Differentiation With Consumers Misperceptions And Information Disparities," DEM Working Papers Series 122, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Alberto Cavaliere & Giovanni Crea, 2017. "Vertical Differentiation With Optimistic Misperceptions And Information Disparities," DEM Working Papers Series 137, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Cheng, Yi-Ling, 2014. "Vertical product differentiation under demand uncertainty," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 51-57.
More about this item
Keywordsvertical product differentiation; asymmetric information; quality uncertainty; consumers externalities; prices as quality signals.; L13; L15;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L15 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Information and Product Quality
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:86:y:2005:i:1:p:29-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.