The choice of inequality measure in empirical research on distributive judgements
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Andre Decoster & Erik Schokkaert, 2002. "The choice of inequality measure in empirical research on distributive judgements," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 197-222, December.
- André Decoster & Erik Schokkaert, 2000. "The Choice of Inequality Measure in Empirical Research on Distributive Judgements," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0014, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Amiel,Yoram & Cowell,Frank, 1999. "Thinking about Inequality," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521466967, December.
- Harrison, Elizabeth & Seidl, Christian, 1994. "Perceptional Inequality and Preferential Judgements: An Empirical Examination of Distributional Axioms," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 61-81, April.
- Overlaet, Bert & Lagrou, Leo, 1981. "Attitude towards a redistribution of income," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 197-215, September.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Lagrou, Leo, 1983. "An empirical approach to distributive justice," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 33-52.
- Schokkaert, Erik & Capeau, Bart, 1991. "Interindividual Differences in Opinions about Distributive Justice," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 325-345.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- van Wijck, Peter, 1994. "Evaluating income distributions," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 173-190, March.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asis Kumar Banerjee, 2015. "The Squared Coefficient of Variation as an Inequality Index: A Social Evaluation Characterization," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 5, pages 45-54, August.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality Measurement; Distributive Justice; Distributinal Change; Perception of Inequality; D63;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:77:y:2002:i:1:p:197-222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .