Characterizing how to aggregate the individuals’ deprivations in a multidimensional framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Lugo, Maria, 2006.
"The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments,"
Departmental Working Papers
0603, Southern Methodist University, Department of Economics.
- Esfandiar Maasoumi & Maria Ana Lugo, 2008. "The Information Basis of Multivariate Poverty Assessments," Emory Economics 0804, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- W. M. Gorman, 1968. "The Structure of Utility Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(4), pages 367-390.
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Buhong Zheng, 2007. "Unit-Consistent Decomposable Inequality Measures," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 97-111, February.
- Blackorby, Charles & Donaldson, David, 1982. "Ratio-Scale and Translation-Scale Full Interpersonal Comparability without Domain Restrictions: Admissible Social-Evaluation Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(2), pages 249-268, June.
- Kai-yuen Tsui, 2002. "Multidimensional poverty indices," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 19(1), pages 69-93.
- A. Atkinson, 2003. "Multidimensional Deprivation: Contrasting Social Welfare and Counting Approaches," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 51-65, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guoqiang Ren & Xiuli Pan, 2016. "An Individual Relative Deprivation Index and Its Curve Considering Income Scope," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(3), pages 935-953, April.
- Rolf Aaberge & Eugenio Peluso & Henrik Sigstad, 2015. "The dual approach for measuring. Multidimesional deprivation and poverty," Discussion Papers 820, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Iñaki Permanyer, 2013. "The measurement of success in achieving the Millennium Development Goals," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(3), pages 393-415, September.
- Rolf Aaberge & Eugenio Peluso, 2011.
"A Counting Approach for Measuring Multidimensional Deprivation,"
07/2011, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Peluso, Eugenio, 2012. "A Counting Approach for Measuring Multidimensional Deprivation," IZA Discussion Papers 6589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rolf Aaberge & Eugenio Peluso, 2012. "A counting approach for measuring multidimensional deprivation," Discussion Papers 700, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Bosmans, Kristof & Decancq, Koen & Ooghe, Erwin, 2015.
"What do normative indices of multidimensional inequality really measure?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 94-104.
- BOSMANS, Kristof & DECANCQ, Koen & OOGHE, Erwin, 2013. "What do normative indices of multidimensional inequality really measure?," CORE Discussion Papers 2013035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Permanyer, Iñaki, 2014. "Assessing individuals' deprivation in a multidimensional framework," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1-16.
More about this item
KeywordsMultidimensional poverty indices; Deprivation; Aggregation; Bourguignon and Chakravarty poverty family;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jecinq:v:9:y:2011:i:2:p:183-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .