Development of Corporate Governance Regulations: The Case of an Emerging Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2002. "Bangladesh : Financial Accountability for Good Governance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14132, June.
- Akhtaruddin, M., 2005. "Corporate mandatory disclosure practices in Bangladesh," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 399-422.
- Waresul Karim, A. K. M. & Moizer, Peter, 1996. "Determinants of audit fees in Bangladesh," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 497-509.
- Ozcan, Gul Berna & Cokgezen, Murat, 2003. "Limits to Alternative Forms of Capitalization: The Case of Anatolian Holding Companies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 2061-2084, December.
- Reaz, Mazrur & Arun, Thankom G., 2005. "Corporate Governance in Developing Economies: Perspective from the Banking Sector in Bangladesh," Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers 30545, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Ashraf, Junaid & Ghani, WaQar I., 2005. "Accounting development in Pakistan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 175-201.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Razzaque, Rushdi Md. Rezaur & Ali, Muhammad Jahangir & Mather, Paul R., 2016. "Real earnings management in family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 237-250.
- Ivan Bozhikin & Nikolay Dentchev, 2018. "Discovering a Wilderness of Regulatory Mechanisms for Corporate Social Responsibility: Literature Review," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 2, pages 145-174, June.
- Yusuf, Fatima & Yousaf, Amna & Saeed, Abubakr, 2018. "Rethinking agency theory in developing countries: A case study of Pakistan," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 281-292.
- Chune Young Chung & Sang Jun Cho & Doojin Ryu & Doowon Ryu, 2019. "Institutional blockholders and corporate social responsibility," Asian Business & Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 18(3), pages 143-186, July.
- Shahzad Uddin & Javed Siddiqui & Muhammad Azizul Islam, 2018. "Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosures, Traditionalism and Politics: A Story from a Traditional Setting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(2), pages 409-428, August.
- Md Sajjad Hosain, 2020. "The Relationship Between Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Expenditure in Bangladesh: Moderating Role of Firm Value," Indian Journal of Corporate Governance, , vol. 13(2), pages 190-209, December.
- Mia Rahim & Shawkat Alam, 2014. "Convergence of Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance in Weak Economies: The case of Bangladesh," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(4), pages 607-620, June.
- Mohammad Badrul Muttakin & Arifur Khan & Dessalegn Getie Mihret, 2018. "The Effect of Board Capital and CEO Power on Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 150(1), pages 41-56, June.
- Louise Osemeke & Emmanuel Adegbite, 2016. "Regulatory Multiplicity and Conflict: Towards a Combined Code on Corporate Governance in Nigeria," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 431-451, February.
- Arifur Khan & Mohammad Muttakin & Javed Siddiqui, 2013. "Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosures: Evidence from an Emerging Economy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 207-223, May.
- Chowdhury Saima Ferdous, 2018. "Corporate Governance in Bangladesh: Evidence of Compliance," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(3), pages 88-109, March.
- Franklin Nakpodia & Emmanuel Adegbite & Kenneth Amaeshi & Akintola Owolabi, 2018. "Neither Principles Nor Rules: Making Corporate Governance Work in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(2), pages 391-408, August.
- ATM Adnan & Nisar Ahmed, 2019. "The Transformation Of The Corporate Governance Model: A Literature Review," Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 8(3), pages 7-47.
- Nurunnabi, Mohammad, 2014. "The role of the Securities and Exchange Commission in a developing economy: Implications for IFRS," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 413-424.
- Siddiqui, Javed & Zaman, Mahbub & Khan, Arifur, 2013. "Do Big-Four affiliates earn audit fee premiums in emerging markets?," Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 332-342.
- Razzaque, Rushdi M.R. & Ali, Muhammad Jahangir & Mather, Paul, 2020. "Corporate governance reform and family firms: Evidence from an emerging economy," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- A.K.M. Waresul Karim & Tony van Zijl & Sabur Mollah, 2013. "Impact of board ownership, CEO-Chair duality and foreign equity participation on auditor quality choice of IPO companies: Evidence from an emerging market," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 148-169, May.
- Enrico Fontana & Niklas Egels-Zandén, 2019. "Non Sibi, Sed Omnibus: Influence of Supplier Collective Behaviour on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Bangladeshi Apparel Supply Chain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 159(4), pages 1047-1064, November.
- Hang Thi Thuy Pham & Sung-Chang Jung & Su-Yol Lee, 2020. "Governmental Ownership of Voluntary Sustainability Information Disclosure in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-1, August.
- Cicilia Ionescu & Floarea Georgescu, 2014. "Corporate governance – a component of sustainable development," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 4(1.1), pages 1-9, February.
- Dan CHIRLESAN & Marius Constantin APOSTOAIE, 2012. "Corporate Governance within Financial Institutions: Asset or Liability?," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 1, pages 45-52.
- Mohammad Nurunnabi & Monirul Alam Hossain & Saad A. Al-Mosa, 2016. "Ceci n'est pas une pipe! Corporate Governance practices under two political regimes in Bangladesh: A political economy perspective," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 13(4), pages 329-363, November.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate governance; emerging economies; regulations; institutional theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:91:y:2010:i:2:p:253-274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.