Investment Ethics and the Global Economy of Sports: The Norwegian Oil Fund, Formula 1 and the 2014 Russian Grand Prix
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon L Clark & Ashby H B Monk, 2010. "The Legitimacy and Governance of Norway's Sovereign Wealth Fund: The Ethics of Global Investment," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 42(7), pages 1723-1738, July.
- Riikka Sievänen & Hannu Rita & Bert Scholtens, 2013. "The Drivers of Responsible Investment: The Case of European Pension Funds," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 137-151, September.
- Noel Castree & Brett Christophers, 2015. "Banking Spatially on the Future: Capital Switching, Infrastructure, and the Ecological Fix," Annals of the American Association of Geographers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 105(2), pages 378-386, March.
- Øyvind Ihlen & Heidi Weltzien Hoivik, 2015. "Ye Olde CSR: The Historic Roots of Corporate Social Responsibility in Norway," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 109-120, March.
- Fairley, Sheranne & Tyler, B. David & Kellett, Pamm & D'Elia, Kari, 2011. "The Formula One Australian Grand Prix: Exploring the triple bottom line," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 141-152, May.
- Jayoti Das & Cassandra DiRienzo, 2009. "The Nonlinear Impact Of Globalization On Corruption," The International Journal of Business and Finance Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 3(2), pages 33-46.
- Sheranne Fairley & B. David Tyler & Pamm Kellett & Kari D’Elia, 2011. "The Formula One Australian Grand Prix: Exploring the triple bottom line," Sport Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 141-152, April.
- Gordon L. Clark & Adam D. Dixon & Ashby H. B. Monk, 2013. "Sovereign Wealth Funds: Legitimacy, Governance, and Global Power," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10003.
- Wladimir Andreff, 2000. "Financing Modern Sport in the Face of a Sporting Ethic," Post-Print halshs-00274660, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gulijiazi Yeerkenbieke & Chunci Chen & Guizhen He, 2021. "Public Perceived Effects of 2022 Winter Olympics on Host City Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-20, March.
- Kobe Helsen & Marijke Taks & Jeroen Scheerder, 2022. "Involvement, Social Impact Experiences, and Event Support of Host Residents Before, during, and after the 2021 UCI Road World Championships," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(15), pages 1-22, August.
- Sergi Cerezo-Esteve & Eduard Inglés & Jordi Segui-Urbaneja & Francesc Solanellas, 2022. "The Environmental Impact of Major Sport Events (Giga, Mega and Major): A Systematic Review from 2000 to 2021," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(20), pages 1-15, October.
- Mallen, Cheryl & Chard, Chris, 2012. "“What could be” in Canadian sport facility environmental sustainability," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 230-243.
- Nicholas Wise, 2020. "Urban and Rural Event Tourism and Sustainability: Exploring Economic, Social and Environmental Impacts," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(14), pages 1-5, July.
- Kai-Michael Griese & Kim Werner & Johannes Hogg, 2017. "Avoiding Greenwashing in Event Marketing: An Exploration of Concepts, Literature and Methods," Journal of Management and Sustainability, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 7(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Ester Gutiérrez & Sebastián Lozano, 2020. "Benchmarking Formula One auto racing circuits: a two stage DEA approach," Operational Research, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 2059-2083, December.
- Andreas G. F. Hoepner & Lisa Schopohl, 2020. "State Pension Funds and Corporate Social Responsibility: Do Beneficiaries’ Political Values Influence Funds’ Investment Decisions?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 165(3), pages 489-516, September.
- Lalountas, Dionisios A. & Manolas, George A. & Vavouras, Ioannis S., 2011. "Corruption, globalization and development: How are these three phenomena related?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 636-648, July.
- Tamas Barko & Martijn Cremers & Luc Renneboog, 2022.
"Shareholder Engagement on Environmental, Social, and Governance Performance,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 180(2), pages 777-812, October.
- Barkó, Tamás & Cremers, M. & Renneboog, Luc, 2017. "Shareholder Engagement on Environmental, Social, and Governance Performance," Other publications TiSEM bb1f0349-1f6f-49a4-9d62-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Barkó, Tamás & Cremers, M. & Renneboog, Luc, 2017. "Shareholder Engagement on Environmental, Social, and Governance Performance," Discussion Paper 2017-040, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stephanie Farmer & Chris D Poulos, 2019. "The financialising local growth machine in Chicago," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(7), pages 1404-1425, May.
- Mishra, Sudhanshu K, 2018. "A Simultaneous Equation Model of Globalization, Corruption, Democracy, Human Development and Social Progress," MPRA Paper 84213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meghna Dutta, 2018. "Globalisation, Corruption and Women Empowerment," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 37(3), pages 327-343, September.
- Peter Oâ€™Brien & Phil Oâ€™Neill & Andy Pike, 2019. "Funding, financing and governing urban infrastructures," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(7), pages 1291-1303, May.
- Larissa Nawo & Désiré Avom & Kyle McNabb & Luc Nembot, 2019. "Unofficial sovereign wealth funds and duration in power in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2019-57, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Olmos, Lorena & Bellido, Héctor & Román-Aso, Juan A., 2020. "The effects of mega-events on perceived corruption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Andreas Hoepner & Arleta Majoch, 2016. "Pension Funds and the Principles for Responsible Investment: Multiplying Stakeholder Salience?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2016-07, Henley Business School, University of Reading.
- Maria LOGHIN & Razvan Catalin DOBREA & Cristian Alexandru STEFANESCU, 2021. "Social Responsibility Projects In A Comparative Perspective In The New Context Of Economic Development," Proceedings of the INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(1), pages 871-878, November.
- Jeffrey B. Nugent & Sara Bazoobandi, 2017. "Political Economy of Sovereign Wealth Funds in the Oil Exporting Countries of the Arab Region and Especially the Gulf," Working Papers 1143, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 May 2003.
- Richard W. Carney, 2015. "The stabilizing state: State capitalism as a response to financial globalization in one-party regimes," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 838-873, August.
More about this item
KeywordsNorwegian Government Pension Fund; Sport; Politics; Socially responsible investments; Formula 1;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:158:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3751-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.