Multinationals’ Accountability on Sustainability: The Evolution of Third-party Assurance of Sustainability Reports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carla Rhianon Edgley & Michael John Jones & Jill Frances Solomon, 2010. "Stakeholder inclusivity in social and environmental report assurance," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(4), pages 532-557, May.
- Dong, Minyue & Stettler, Alfred, 2011. "Estimating firm-level and country-level effects in cross-sectional analyses: An application of hierarchical modeling in corporate disclosure studies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 271-303, September.
- Giacomo Manetti & Lucia Becatti, 2009. "Assurance Services for Sustainability Reports: Standards and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 289-298, April.
- Beyer, Anne & Cohen, Daniel A. & Lys, Thomas Z. & Walther, Beverly R., 2010. "The financial reporting environment: Review of the recent literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 296-343, December.
- Magali A. Delmas & Michael W. Toffel, 2010. "Institutional Pressures and Organizational Characteristics: Implications for Environmental Strategy," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-050, Harvard Business School.
- Dima Jamali, 2010. "MNCs and International Accountability Standards Through an Institutional Lens: Evidence of Symbolic Conformity or Decoupling," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 95(4), pages 617-640, September.
- O'Dwyer, Brendan & Owen, David & Unerman, Jeffrey, 2011. "Seeking legitimacy for new assurance forms: The case of assurance on sustainability reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-52, January.
- Power, Michael, 1997. "Expertise and the construction of relevance: Accountants and environmental audit," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 123-146, February.
- Kolk, Ans, 2010. "Trajectories of sustainability reporting by MNCs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Javier Aguilera-Caracuel & Juan Aragón-Correa & Nuria Hurtado-Torres & Alan Rugman, 2012. "The Effects of Institutional Distance and Headquarters’ Financial Performance on the Generation of Environmental Standards in Multinational Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(4), pages 461-474, February.
- John Smith & Ros Haniffa & Jenny Fairbrass, 2011. "A Conceptual Framework for Investigating ‘Capture’ in Corporate Sustainability Reporting Assurance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 425-439, March.
- Gilbert, Dirk Ulrich & Rasche, Andreas & Waddock, Sandra, 2011. "Accountability in a Global Economy: The Emergence of International Accountability Standards," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 23-44, January.
- Pierre-Yves Néron, 2010. "Business and the Polis: What Does it Mean to See Corporations as Political Actors?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 333-352, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choon-Yin SAM & Paul N. C. TIONG, 2015. "An investigation of the corporate responsibility report assurance statements of the Big Four banks in Australia," Journal of Economics Library, KSP Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 3-14, March.
- Araya, Helena Maria Bollas & Mas, Elies Segui & Garrido, Fernando Polo, 2015. "Assurance on sustainability reports in the agri-food industry," Revista EspaÃ±ola de Estudios Agrosociales y Pesqueros, Ministerio de Medio Ambiente, Rural y Marino (formerly Ministry of Agriculture), issue 242.
- Vivek Soundararajan & Jill A. Brown, 2016. "Voluntary Governance Mechanisms in Global Supply Chains: Beyond CSR to a Stakeholder Utility Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 83-102, March.
- Heejung Byun & Tae-Hyun Kim, 2017. "Identity Claims and Diffusion of Sustainability Report: Evidence from Korean Listed Companies, 2003–2010," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 551-565, February.
- Mohammad Jizi & Aly Salama & Robert Dixon & Rebecca Stratling, 2014. "Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure: Evidence from the US Banking Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(4), pages 601-615, December.
- Claire Gillet-Monjarret & Isabelle Martinez & Géraldine Rivière-Giordano, 2015. "La perception des commissaires aux comptes français sur la vérification sociétale : une expérimentation," Post-Print hal-01188799, HAL.
- Sam, Choon-Yin & Tiong, Paul N. C., 2015. "An investigation of the corporate responsibility report assurance statements of the Big Four banks in Australia," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 3-14.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2979-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2862-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deborah de Lange & Timo Busch & Javier Delgado-Ceballos, 2012. "Sustaining Sustainability in Organizations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 151-156, October.
- Omid Sabbaghi & Gerald Cavanagh, 2015. "Jesuit, Catholic, and Green: Evidence from Loyola University Chicago," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 127(2), pages 317-326, March.
- Jeffrey S. Harrison & Joyce van der Laan Smith, 2015. "Responsible Accounting for Stakeholders," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(7), pages 935-960, November.
- Olivier Boiral & Iñaki Heras-Saizarbitoria, 2017. "Managing Biodiversity Through Stakeholder Involvement: Why, Who, and for What Initiatives?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 403-421, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1591-:d:146591 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elies SEGUI-MAS & Helena-Maria BOLLAS-ARAYA & Fernando POLO-GARRIDO, 2015. "Sustainability Assurance on the Biggest Cooperatives of the World: an Analysis of their Adoption and Quality," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(2), pages 363-383, June.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1141-1156 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Talbot & Olivier Boiral, 2015. "Strategies for Climate Change and Impression Management: A Case Study Among Canada’s Large Industrial Emitters," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(2), pages 329-346, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAccountability; Accountants; Assurance; Assurance statements; Multinationals; Reporting; Standards; Sustainability; Verification;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:110:y:2012:i:2:p:173-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.