Using Meta-Analysis and GIS for Value Transfer and Scaling Up: Valuing Climate Change Induced Losses of European Wetlands
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Randall S. Rosenberger & Robert J. Johnston, 2009. "Selection Effects in Meta-Analysis and Benefit Transfer: Avoiding Unintended Consequences," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(3), pages 410-428.
- Bateman, Ian J. & Day, Brett H. & Georgiou, Stavros & Lake, Iain, 2006. "The aggregation of environmental benefit values: Welfare measures, distance decay and total WTP," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 450-460, December.
- Luke Brander & Raymond Florax & Jan Vermaat, 2006. "The Empirics of Wetland Valuation: A Comprehensive Summary and a Meta-Analysis of the Literature," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 223-250, February.
- Rosenberger, Randall S. & Stanley, Tom D., 2006. "Measurement, generalization, and publication: Sources of error in benefit transfers and their management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 372-378, December.
- Andrea Ghermandi & J.C.J.M. van den Bergh & L.M. Brander & H.L.F. de Groot & P.A.L.D. Nunes, 2008. "The Economic Value of Wetland Conservation and Creation: A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers 2008.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Carone, Giuseppe & Denis, Cécile & Mc Morrow, Kieran & Mourre, Gilles & Röger, Werner, 2006.
"Long-term labour productivity and GDP projections for the EU25 Member States : a production function framework,"
744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuseppe Carone & Cécile Denis & Kieran Mc Morrow & Gilles Mourre & Werner Röger, 2006. "Long-term labour productivity and GDP projections for the EU25 Member States : a production function framework," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 253, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Turner, R. Kerry & Paavola, Jouni & Cooper, Philip & Farber, Stephen & Jessamy, Valma & Georgiou, Stavros, 2003. "Valuing nature: lessons learned and future research directions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 493-510, October.
- Robert J. Johnston & Elena Y. Besedin & Richard Iovanna & Christopher J. Miller & Ryan F. Wardwell & Matthew H. Ranson, 2005. "Systematic Variation in Willingness to Pay for Aquatic Resource Improvements and Implications for Benefit Transfer: A Meta-Analysis," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 53(2-3), pages 221-248, June.
- Hoehn, John P., 2006. "Methods to address selection effects in the meta regression and transfer of ecosystem values," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 389-398, December.
- Downing, Mark & Ozuna, Teofilo Jr., 1996. "Testing the Reliability of the Benefit Function Transfer Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 316-322, May.
- Tzipi Eshet & Mira Baron & Mordechai Shechter, 2007. "Exploring Benefit Transfer: Disamenities of Waste Transfer Stations," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(3), pages 521-547, July.
- Moeltner, Klaus & Boyle, Kevin J. & Paterson, Robert W., 2007. "Meta-analysis and benefit transfer for resource valuation-addressing classical challenges with Bayesian modeling," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 250-269, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Y Mehmet Kutluay & Richard S. J. Tol, 2015. "Valuing malaria morbidity: Results from a global metaanalysis," Working Paper Series 7615, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:184-194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark J. Koetse & Erik T. Verhoef & Luke M. Brander, 2017. "A generic marginal value function for natural areas," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(1), pages 159-179, January.
- Chaikumbung, Mayula & Doucouliagos, Hristos & Scarborough, Helen, 2016.
"The economic value of wetlands in developing countries: A meta-regression analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 164-174.
- Chaikumbung, Mayula & Doucouliagos, Hristos & Scarborough, Helen, 2015. "The economic value of wetlands in developing countries: a meta-regression analysis," Working Papers eco_2015_10, Deakin University, Department of Economics.
- Ghermandi, Andrea & Nunes, Paulo A.L.D., 2013.
"A global map of coastal recreation values: Results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-15.
- Andrea Ghermandi & Paulo A.L.D. Nunes, 2011. "A Global Map of Costal Recreation Values: results from a spatially explicit meta-analysis," Working Papers 2011_08, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Cati Torres & Nick Hanley, 2016.
"Communicating research on the economic valuation of coastal and marine ecosystem services,"
DEA Working Papers
81, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Cati Torres & Nick Hanley, 2016. "Communicating Research on the Economic Valuation of Coastal and Marine Ecosystem Services," Discussion Papers in Environment and Development Economics 2016-12, University of St. Andrews, School of Geography and Sustainable Development.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:62-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John, 2013. "The limitations of applying benefit transfer to assess the value of ecosystem services in a “generic” peri-urban, coastal town in Australia," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152183, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:70-84 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Balbi & Carlo Giupponi & Roland Olschewski & Vahid Mojtahed, 2013. "The economics of hydro-meteorological disasters: approaching the estimation of the total costs," Working Papers 2013-12, BC3.
- Norton, Daniel & Hynes, Stephen, 2015. "Spatial issues arising from a value transfer exercise for environmental quality of marine waters," 150th Seminar, October 22-23, 2015, Edinburgh, Scotland 212663, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:4:y:2013:i:c:p:73-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tardieu, LÃ©a & Roussel, SÃ©bastien & Salles, Jean-Michel, 2013.
"Assessing and mapping global climate regulation service loss induced by Terrestrial Transport Infrastructure construction,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(C), pages 73-81.
- Lea Tardieu & Sébastien Roussel & Jean-Michel Salles, 2013. "Assessing and mapping global climate regulation service loss induced by Terrestrial Transport Infrastructure construction," Post-Print hal-01133631, HAL.
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L. & Alló, Maria & Barrio, Melina, 2016. "Ecosystem Services and REDD: Estimating the Benefits of Non-Carbon Services in Worldwide Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 246-261.
- Jan Philipp Schägner & Luke Brander & Joachim Maes & Volkmar Hartje, 2012. "Mapping Ecosystem Services’ Values: Current Practice and Future Prospects," Working Papers 2012.59, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:26:y:2017:i:pb:p:329-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- Florian V. Eppink & Luke M. Brander & Alfred J. Wagtendonk, 2014. "An Initial Assessment of the Economic Value of Coastal and Freshwater Wetlands in West Asia," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-17, June.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:295:y:2015:i:c:p:207-215 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsValue transfer; Meta-analysis; GIS; Scaling up; Wetlands;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:52:y:2012:i:3:p:395-413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.