The Effects of Pollution Taxes on Urban Areas with an Endogenous Plant Location
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khalili, Amir & Mathur, Vijay K. & Bodenhorn, Diran, 1974. "Location and the theory of production: A generalization," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 467-475, December.
- Hazilla, Michael & Kopp, Raymond J, 1990. "Social Cost of Environmental Quality Regulations: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 853-873, August.
- Harford, J. & Ogura, S., 1983. "Pollution taxes and standards: A continuum of quasi-optimal solutions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Miller, Stephen M. & Jensen, Oscar W., 1978. "Location and the theory of production : A review, summary and critique of recent contributions," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 117-128, May.
- Srinivasan, T. N., 1973. "Tax evasion: A model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 339-346.
- Hoel, Michael, 1997. " Environmental Policy with Endogenous Plant Locations," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(2), pages 241-259, June.
- Mathur, Vijay K., 1976. "Spatial economic theory of pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 16-28, June.
- Tim Jeppesen & John A. List & Henk Folmer, 2002.
"Environmental Regulations and New Plant Location Decisions: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 19-49.
- Henk Folmer & Tim Jeppesen & John List, 2002. "Environmental Regulations and New Plant Location Decisions: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Natural Field Experiments 00511, The Field Experiments Website.
- Lee, Dwight R. & Misiolek, Walter S., 1986. "Substituting pollution taxation for general taxation: Some implications for efficiency in pollutions taxation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 338-347, December.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Markusen, James R. & Morey, Edward R. & Olewiler, Nancy, 1995. "Competition in regional environmental policies when plant locations are endogenous," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 55-77, January.
- Thomas H. Tietenberg, 1973. "Specific Taxes and the Control of Pollution: A General Equilibrium Analysis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(4), pages 503-522.
- White, Michelle J & Wittman, Donald, 1982. "Pollution Taxes and Optimal Spatial Location," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 297-311, August.
- Yuquing Xing & Charles Kolstad, 2002.
"Do Lax Environmental Regulations Attract Foreign Investment?,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Kolstad, Charles D. & Xing, Yuqing, 1998. "Do Lax Environmental Regulations Attract Foreign Investment?," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt3268z4rx, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biing-Shiunn Yang & Chao-Cheng Mai, 2013. "The impact of uncertain environmental regulatory policy on optimal plant location and anti-pollution technology selection," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(3), pages 753-769, June.
- Hsin-I Fan & Yeung-Nan Shieh, 2009. "Pollution Taxes and Location Decision under Free Entry Oligopoly," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 244-252.
More about this item
Keywordsendogenous plant location; pollution taxes;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:29:y:2004:i:1:p:57-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.