A Note on Corporate Overseas Investment Decision Priorities of Taiwanese Direct Real Estate Investors
Data generated from a situationally adapted analytical hierarchical process (AHP) questionnaire focusing on two politically confrontational countries (the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China on Taiwan), provides a revealing assessment of the decisionmaking priorities for three types of direct foreign investment, namely wholly foreign-owned subsidiaries (WFSs), equity joint ventures (EJVs) and contractual joint ventures (CJVs). Cross-case comparison shows distinctly different priorities among the three types for the two countries, and that country selection entails more caution than does the subsequent selection of city. Whereas political environment factors are of only marginal importance for domestic decisions, they are of primary consideration in overseas investment decisions.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P. Shim, Jung., 1989. "Bibliographical research on the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 161-167.
- Vargas, Luis G., 1990. "An overview of the analytic hierarchy process and its applications," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 2-8, September.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1972. "Components of Investment Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(3), pages 551-67, June.
- Olson, David L. & Venkataramanan, Munirpallam & Mote, John L., 1986. "A technique using analytical hierarchy process in multiobjective planning models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 361-368.
- Peter Drysdale & SÃ©bastien Willis, 2013. "Asia and The G20," EABER Working Papers 23384, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:13:n:3:1997:p:359-368. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.