Does the REIT Stock Market Resemble the General Stock Market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i::p:67-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Allen, Paul R. & Sirmans, C. F., 1987. "An analysis of gains to acquiring firm's shareholders : The special case of REITs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 175-184, March.
- Brennan, Michael J & Hughes, Patricia J, 1991. " Stock Prices and the Supply of Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1665-1691, December.
- Blume, Lawrence & Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1994. " Market Statistics and Technical Analysis: The Role of Volume," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 153-181, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Barbara Petracci & Massimo Spisni, 2011. "Fee Structure, Financing, and Investment Decisions: The Case of REITs," Working Paper series 30_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- David Ling & Milena Petrova, 2011. "Why Do REITs Go Private? Differences in Target Characteristics, Acquirer Motivations, and Wealth Effects in Public and Private Acquisitions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 99-129, July.
- Su Han Chan & Wai Kin Leung & Ko Wang, 1998. "Institutional Investment in REITs: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 357-374.
- Ming-Long Lee & Ming-Te Lee & Kevin Chiang, 2008. "Real Estate Risk Exposure of Equity Real Estate Investment Trusts," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 165-181, February.
- Paul Anglin & Robert Edelstein & Yanmin Gao & Desmond Tsang, 2011. "How Does Corporate Governance Affect the Quality of Investor Information? The Curious Case of REITs," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 33(1), pages 1-24.
- Dirk Brounen & Piet Eichholtz & David Ling, 2009. "The Liquidity of Property Shares: An International Comparison," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 413-445.
- Erik Devos & Seow Ong & Andrew Spieler, 2007. "Analyst Activity and Firm Value: Evidence from the REIT Sector," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 333-356, October.
- Xing, Xuejing & Anderson, Randy I. & Hu, Yan, 2016. "What׳s a name worth? The impact of a likeable stock ticker symbol on firm value," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 63-80.
- Benjamin Blau & Jared F. Egginton & Matthew Hill, 2016. "REITs and market friction," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Elizabeth Devos & Erik Devos & Seow Eng Ong & Andrew C. Spieler, 2016. "Who Follows REITs?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 38(1), pages 129-164.
More about this item
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:10:n:5:1994:p:445-460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://www.aresnet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.