Identifying the time-effect factors of multiple time series
The Pena-Box model is considered for finding the time-effect factors of a multiple time series. This paper first establishes the connection between the Pena-Box model and the vector ARMA model. According to the Pena-Box model, some series can be ignored while modelling the vector ARMA model. A consistent estimator is then proposed to identify the model for nonlinear and nonstationary time series. Finally, the finite-sample behaviour of the estimator is illustrated via simulations. Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 24 (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/2966|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2002.
"Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 191-221, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1504, Econometric Society.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2000. "Determining the Number of Factors in Approximate Factor Models," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 440, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Yu-Pin Hu & Rouh-Jane Chou, 2003. "A Dynamic Factor Model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 529-538, 09.
- Geweke, John F & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1981. "Maximum Likelihood "Confirmatory" Factor Analysis of Economic Time Series," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 22(1), pages 37-54, February.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1991. "The Rank of Demand Systems: Theory and Nonparametric Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 711-730, May. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jof:jforec:v:24:y:2005:i:5:p:379-387. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.