Structures of Corporate Finance in Germany and France. A Comparative Analysis for West German and French Incorporated Enterprises / Strukturen der Unternehmensfinanzierung in Deutschland und Frankreich. Eine vergleichende Analyse für westdeutsche und französische Kapitalgesellschaften
The study examines the balance sheet structures of both French and west German incorporated firms in manufacturing and their evolution during the last business cycle in the late eighties and early nineties. The point of departure is to focus op the relative importance of the different financing sources used by the incorporated enterprises in the two countries. A deeper examination of the observed differences suggests that country-specific legal and institutional factors seem to play an important role in determining corporate finance structures. Finally this evidence is considered in the context of capital structure theory with particular reference to the architecture and functioning mechanisms of the corporate financing systems in Germany and France.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 221 (2001)
Issue (Month): 5-6 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Stewart C. Myers & Nicholas S. Majluf, 1984. "Corporate Financing and Investment Decisions When Firms Have InformationThat Investors Do Not Have," NBER Working Papers 1396, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. " The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- -, 1992. "El financiamiento de la pequeña y mediana industria," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 30009, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Größl, Ingrid & Stahlecker, Peter & Wohlers, Eckhardt, 1999. "Finanzierungsverhalten im Unternehmensbereich als gesamtwirtschaftlicher Risikofaktor," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 79(4), pages 252-258.
- Perkins, J.O.N., 1992. "Public Finance and Macroeconomic Policy," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-19.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.