Multirank Cointegration Analysis Of Turkish M1 Money Demand (1987q1-2006q3)
In our paper, we employ multivariate cointegration analysis to the Turkish M1 narrow money demand. The ex-post estimation results reveal that it is possible to identify a money demand vector in the cointegrating space as a priori hypothesized through economics theory. But some structural break points and parameter instabilities coincided with post-1994 economic crisis period and 2000-stabilization program cast some doubt upon whether the estimated model can represent all the period under investigation. Besides, a second potential vector found in the long-run variable space has been decomposed to reconcile it with excess aggregate demand reacting to the domestic inflation.
Volume (Year): 6 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://eidergisi.istanbul.edu.tr|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1995. "High inflation rates and the long-run money demand function: Evidence from cointegration tests," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 77-91.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1994.
"Identification of the long-run and the short-run structure an application to the ISLM model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 7-36, July.
- Søren Johansen & Katarina Juselius, 1992. "Identification of the Long-Run and the Short-Run Structure: An Application to the ISLM Model," Discussion Papers 92-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Subramanian S. Sriram, 1999. "Demand for M2 in an Emerging-Market Economy; An Error-Correction Model for Malaysia," IMF Working Papers 99/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Anthony Garratt & Kevin Lee & Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 1998.
"A structural cointegrating VAR approach to macroeconometric modelling,"
ESE Discussion Papers
8, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Garratt, Anthony & Lee, Kevin C & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998. "A Structural Cointegrating VAR Approach to Macroeconometric Modelling," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9823, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Anthony Garratt & Kevin Lee & Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 2001.
"A long run structural macroeconometric model of the UK,"
ESE Discussion Papers
35, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Anthony Garratt & Kevin Lee & M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin, 2003. "A Long run structural macroeconometric model of the UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 412-455, 04.
- Garratt, A. & Lee, K. & Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1998. "A Long-run Structural Macro-econometric Model of the UK," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9812, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ist:ancoec:v:6:y:2007:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kutluk Kagan Sumer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.