Improving Supply Chain Performance and Managing Risk Under Weather-Related Demand Uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kandel, Eugene, 1996. "The Right to Return," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(1), pages 329-356, April.
- Gérard P. Cachon, 2004. "The Allocation of Inventory Risk in a Supply Chain: Push, Pull, and Advance-Purchase Discount Contracts," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 222-238, February.
- Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2007. "Risk Mitigation in Newsvendor Networks: Resource Diversification, Flexibility, Sharing, and Hedging," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(8), pages 1269-1288, August.
- Marvel, Howard P & Peck, James, 1995. "Demand Uncertainty and Returns Policies," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 691-714, August.
- Harish Krishnan & Roman Kapuscinski & David A. Butz, 2004. "Coordinating Contracts for Decentralized Supply Chains with Retailer Promotional Effort," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Hamilton Emmons & Stephen M. Gilbert, 1998. "Note. The Role of Returns Policies in Pricing and Inventory Decisions for Catalogue Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(2), pages 276-283, February.
- Martin A. Lariviere & Evan L. Porteus, 2001. "Selling to the Newsvendor: An Analysis of Price-Only Contracts," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 293-305.
- Glenn, David, 2004. "Returns Policies for a Pessimistic Retailer," Working Papers 04-0111, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Dawn Barnes-Schuster & Yehuda Bassok & Ravi Anupindi, 2002. "Coordination and Flexibility in Supply Contracts with Options," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 171-207.
- Timothy M. Devinney & David W. Stewart, 1988. "Rethinking the Product Portfolio: A Generalized Investment Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(9), pages 1080-1095, September.
- Kevin McCardle & Kumar Rajaram & Christopher S. Tang, 2004. "Advance Booking Discount Programs Under Retail Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(5), pages 701-708, May.
- Jiri Chod & Nils Rudi & Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2010. "Operational Flexibility and Financial Hedging: Complements or Substitutes?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(6), pages 1030-1045, June.
- Terry A. Taylor, 2001. "Channel Coordination Under Price Protection, Midlife Returns, and End-of-Life Returns in Dynamic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(9), pages 1220-1234, September.
- Lau, Hon-Shiang & Lau, Amy Hing-Ling, 1999. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy and return policy for a single-period commodity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 291-304, July.
- M. Davis, 2001. "Pricing weather derivatives by marginal value," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(3), pages 305-308, March.
- Martha Starr-McCluer, 2000. "The effects of weather on retail sales," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-08, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barry Alan Pasternack, 1985. "Optimal Pricing and Return Policies for Perishable Commodities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 166-176.
- Vishal Gaur & Sridhar Seshadri, 2005. "Hedging Inventory Risk Through Market Instruments," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 103-120.
- Terry A. Taylor, 2002. "Supply Chain Coordination Under Channel Rebates with Sales Effort Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 992-1007, August.
- Regnier, Eva, 2008. "Doing something about the weather," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 22-32, February.
- Ananth. V. Iyer & Mark E. Bergen, 1997. "Quick Response in Manufacturer-Retailer Channels," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(4), pages 559-570, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nasr, Walid W. & Maddah, Bacel, 2015. "Continuous (s, S) policy with MMPP correlated demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 246(3), pages 874-885.
- Heckmann, Iris & Comes, Tina & Nickel, Stefan, 2015. "A critical review on supply chain risk – Definition, measure and modeling," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 119-132.
- Mizgier, Kamil J. & Wagner, Stephan M. & Jüttner, Matthias P., 2015. "Disentangling diversification in supply chain networks," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 115-124.
- Caliskan Demirag, Ozgun, 2013. "Performance of weather-conditional rebates under different risk preferences," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1053-1067.
- Bertrand, Jean-Louis & Brusset, Xavier & Fortin, Maxime, 2015. "Assessing and hedging the cost of unseasonal weather: Case of the apparel sector," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 244(1), pages 261-276.
- Haiyan Yi & Yangzhen Li, 2013. "Risk management of agricultural supply chain in China with weather compensatory contract," E3 Journal of Business Management and Economics., E3 Journals, vol. 4(7), pages 166-172.
- Elias, R.S. & Wahab, M.I.M. & Fang, L., 2014. "A comparison of regime-switching temperature modeling approaches for applications in weather derivatives," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 232(3), pages 549-560.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:663-676 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsweather-linked rebate; weather risk; weather derivatives; supply chain coordination;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:56:y:2010:i:8:p:1380-1397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .