Incentives for Retailer Forecasting: Rebates vs. Returns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Terry A. Taylor, 2006. "Sale Timing in a Supply Chain: When to Sell to the Retailer," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 23-42.
- Harish Krishnan & Roman Kapuscinski & David A. Butz, 2004. "Coordinating Contracts for Decentralized Supply Chains with Retailer Promotional Effort," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Hamilton Emmons & Stephen M. Gilbert, 1998. "Note. The Role of Returns Policies in Pricing and Inventory Decisions for Catalogue Goods," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(2), pages 276-283, February.
- V. Padmanabhan & I. P. L. Png, 1997. "Manufacturer's Return Policies and Retail Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 81-94.
- Marshall Fisher & Kumar Rajaram, 2000. "Accurate Retail Testing of Fashion Merchandise: Methodology and Application," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 266-278, June.
- Barry Alan Pasternack, 1985. "Optimal Pricing and Return Policies for Perishable Commodities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 166-176.
- Karen L. Donohue, 2000. "Efficient Supply Contracts for Fashion Goods with Forecast Updating and Two Production Modes," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(11), pages 1397-1411, November.
- Terry A. Taylor, 2002. "Supply Chain Coordination Under Channel Rebates with Sales Effort Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 992-1007, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Terry A. Taylor & Wenqiang Xiao, 2010. "Does a Manufacturer Benefit from Selling to a Better-Forecasting Retailer?," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1584-1598.
- Chen, Jingxian & Liang, Liang & Yang, Feng, 2015. "Cooperative quality investment in outsourcing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 174-191.
- Mümin Kurtuluş & Sezer Ülkü & Beril L. Toktay, 2012. "The Value of Collaborative Forecasting in Supply Chains," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, pages 82-98.
- Huang, Song & Yang, Jun, 2016. "Information acquisition and transparency in a supply chain with asymmetric production cost information," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 449-464.
- Altug, Mehmet Sekip, 2016. "Supply chain contracting for vertically differentiated products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(P1), pages 34-45.
- Zhao, Yingxue & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Cheng, T.C.E. & Sethi, Suresh P. & Wang, Shouyang, 2014. "Buyback contracts with price-dependent demands: Effects of demand uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 663-673.
- repec:wsi:apjorx:v:34:y:2017:i:01:n:s0217595917400024 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:proeco:v:188:y:2017:i:c:p:128-138 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guoming Lai & Wenqiang Xiao & Jun Yang, 2012. "Supply Chain Performance Under Market Valuation: An Operational Approach to Restore Efficiency," Management Science, INFORMS, pages 1933-1951.
- Subhajyoti Bandyopadhyay & Anand A. Paul, 2010. "Equilibrium Returns Policies in the Presence of Supplier Competition," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 846-857, 09-10.
- Chen, Xiangfeng, 2015. "A model of trade credit in a capital-constrained distribution channel," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 347-357.
More about this item
Keywordsforecasting; supply chain contracting; rebates; returns; endogenous adverse selection;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:55:y:2009:i:10:p:1654-1669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.