Revenue Management Without Forecasting or Optimization: An Adaptive Algorithm for Determining Airline Seat Protection Levels
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Etschmaier, MM & Rothstein, M, 1974. "Operations research in the management of the airlines," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 157-179, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pak, K. & Piersma, N., 2002. "Airline revenue management: an overview of OR techniques 1982-2001," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2002-03, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Lan, Yingjie & Ball, Michael O. & Karaesmen, Itir Z. & Zhang, Jean X. & Liu, Gloria X., 2015. "Analysis of seat allocation and overbooking decisions with hybrid information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 240(2), pages 493-504.
- Yingjie Lan & Michael O. Ball & Itir Z. Karaesmen, 2011. "Regret in Overbooking and Fare-Class Allocation for Single Leg," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(2), pages 194-208, December.
- repec:spr:compst:v:70:y:2009:i:3:p:477-504 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2010. "Robust Controls for Network Revenue Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 56-76, November.
- Chiang, David Ming-Huang & Wu, Andy Wei-Di, 2011. "Discrete-order admission ATP model with joint effect of margin and order size in a MTO environment," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 761-775, October.
- Roland T. Rust & Tuck Siong Chung, 2006. "Marketing Models of Service and Relationships," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 560-580, 11-12.
- Sumit Kunnumkal & Huseyin Topaloglu, 2009. "A stochastic approximation method for the single-leg revenue management problem with discrete demand distributions," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 70(3), pages 477-504, December.
- Becher, Michael, 2009. "Simultaneous capacity and price control based on fuzzy controllers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 365-382, October.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:263:y:2017:i:2:p:337-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pak, K. & Piersma, N., 2002. "airline revenue management," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2002-12-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- William L. Cooper & Diwakar Gupta, 2006. "Stochastic Comparisons in Airline Revenue Management," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 221-234, February.
- Yingjie Lan & Huina Gao & Michael O. Ball & Itir Karaesmen, 2008. "Revenue Management with Limited Demand Information," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(9), pages 1594-1609, September.
- Hung, Yi-Feng & Chen, Chien-Hao, 2013. "An effective dynamic decision policy for the revenue management of an airline flight," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 440-450.
More about this item
Keywordsyield management; revenue management; airlines; forecasting; optimization; fare class allocation; distribution free; adaptive algorithms; stochastic approximation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:46:y:2000:i:6:p:760-775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.