Intra-industry trade in textile industry: the case of India
Intra-industry trade (IIT) plays a pivotal role in Indian textile industry. It is a new phenomenon. Since 1960, this concept has been used by Pieter Verdoorn and Bela Balassa. The aim of this paper is to measure the level of IIT in Indian textile industry. For this purpose, the Grubelâ€“Lloyd index has been calculated. The analysis is based on annual time series data of export and import. The results reveal that during 1990s, the level of IIT in Indian textile industry was higher, whereas since inception of 21st century it went down. It is due to rise in net export.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1/2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID==310|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Veeramani, 2007. "Industry-Specific Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 42(2), pages 211-229, December.
- Donghui Li & Fariborz Moshirian & Ah-Boon Sim, 2003. "The Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in Insurance Services," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(2), pages 269-287.
- Horst Raff & Joachim Wagner, 2010.
"Intra-industry Adjustment to Import Competition: Theory and Application to the German Clothing Industry,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(8), pages 1006-1022, 08.
- Horst Raff & Joachim Wagner, 2009. "Intra-Industry Adjustment to Import Competition: Theory and Application to the German Clothing Industry," Working Paper Series in Economics 144, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Raff, Horst & Wagner, Joachim, 2009. "Intra-industry adjustment to import competition: theory and application to the German clothing industry," Kiel Working Papers 1557, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Raff, Horst & Wagner, Joachim, 2009. "Intra-Industry Adjustment to Import Competition: Theory and Application to the German Clothing Industry," IZA Discussion Papers 4434, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Horst Raff & Joachim Wagner, 2009. "Intra-Industry Adjustment to Import Competition: Theory and Application to the German Clothing Industry," CESifo Working Paper Series 2851, CESifo Group Munich.
- Veeramani C, 2001. "India's intra-industry trade under economic liberalization: Trends and country specific factors," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 313, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Veeramani C, 2010. "India's Intra- Industry Trade Under Economic Liberalization: Trends and Country Specific Factors," Working Papers id:2967, eSocialSciences.
- Marius Brulhart & Michael Thorpe, 2000. "Intra-industry trade and adjustment in Malaysia: puzzling evidence," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(11), pages 729-733.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:ijecbr:v:4:y:2012:i:1/2:p:199-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darren Simpson)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.