Bayesian portfolio selection under a multifactor asset return model with predictive model selection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ando, Tomohiro, 2009. "Bayesian portfolio selection using a multifactor model," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 550-566, July.
- Tomohiro Ando, 2007. "Bayesian predictive information criterion for the evaluation of hierarchical Bayesian and empirical Bayes models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(2), pages 443-458.
- Klein, Roger W. & Bawa, Vijay S., 1976. "The effect of estimation risk on optimal portfolio choice," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 215-231, June.
- Kandel, Shmuel & Stambaugh, Robert F, 1996.
" On the Predictability of Stock Returns: An Asset-Allocation Perspective,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 385-424, June.
- Shmuel Kandel & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1995. "On the Predictability of Stock Returns: An Asset-Allocation Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4997, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pastor, Lubos & Stambaugh, Robert F., 2000.
"Comparing asset pricing models: an investment perspective,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 335-381, June.
- Lubos Pastor & Robert F. Stambaugh, "undated". "Comparing Asset Pricing Models: An Investment Perspective," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-99, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Lubos Pastor & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1999. "Comparing Asset Pricing Models: An Investment Perspective," NBER Working Papers 7284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luboš Pástor & Robert F. Stambaugh, 1999. "Comparing Asset Pricing Models: An Investment Perspective," CRSP working papers 497, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1986. "Bayes-Stein Estimation for Portfolio Analysis," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 279-292, September.
- Elton, Edwin J. & Gruber, Martin J., 1988. "A multi-index risk model of the Japanese stock market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 21-44, October.
- Greyserman, Alex & Jones, Douglas H. & Strawderman, William E., 2006. "Portfolio selection using hierarchical Bayesian analysis and MCMC methods," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 669-678, February.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Frost, Peter A. & Savarino, James E., 1986. "An Empirical Bayes Approach to Efficient Portfolio Selection," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(03), pages 293-305, September.
- Nicholas Barberis, 2000. "Investing for the Long Run when Returns Are Predictable," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 225-264, February.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBayesian model averaging; empirical Bayes; Markov chain Monte Carlo; predictive model selection; portfolio selection; multifactor asset returns; uncertainty; USA; United States; Japan; stock markets; mean variance.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ids:gbusec:v:14:y:2012:i:1/2:p:77-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carmel O'Grady). General contact details of provider: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=168 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.