Evidence On The Impact Of International Finance Corporation Tourism Investment On Latin American And Caribbean Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George Mavrotas, 2002. "Multilateral Development Banks and Private Sector Financing: The Case of IFC," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2002-118, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Aguayo, Eva & Exposito, Pilar & Lamelas, Nelida, 2001. "Econometric model of Services Sector Development and Impact of Tourism in Latin American Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(2).
- World Bank, 2009. "The World Bank Annual Report 2009," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 4354.
- Dirk Willem te Velde & Swapna Nair, 2006. "Foreign Direct Investment, Services Trade Negotiations and Development: The Case of Tourism in the Caribbean," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(4), pages 437-454, July.
- World Bank, 2010. "World Development Report 2010," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 4387.
- World Bank, 2009. "The World Bank Annual Report 2009," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 4356.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ali Burak Güven, 2012. "The IMF, the World Bank, and the Global Economic Crisis: Exploring Paradigm Continuity," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 43(4), pages 869-898, July.
- Sonal Devesh & Abdullah M. Asrul Affendi, 2021. "Modelling the Impact of Oil Price on Food Imports: Case of Oman," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 11(4), pages 113-120.
- Muhongayire, Wivine, 2012. "An Economic Assessment of the Factors Influencing Smallholder Farmers' Access to Formal Credit: A Case Study of Rwamagana District, Rwanda," Research Theses 198522, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Junichi Fujimoto & Ko Munakata & Koji Nakamura & Yuki Teranishi, 2017.
"Optimal Policy Analysis in a New Keynesian Economy with Credit Market Search,"
GRIPS Discussion Papers
16-30, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Junichi Fujimoto & Ko Munakata & Koji Nakamura & Yuki Teranishi, 2018. "Optimal Policy Analysis in a New Keynesian Economy with Credit Market Search," 2018 Meeting Papers 1200, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Addison, Tony & Anand, Prathivadi Bhayankaram, 2012. "Aid and Infrastructure Financing: Emerging Challenges with a Focus on Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 056, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- World Bank, 2012. "Agribusiness Indicators," World Bank Publications - Reports 26563, The World Bank Group.
- Barron, Manuel & Torero, Maximo, 2017. "Household electrification and indoor air pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 81-92.
- Leonardo Vera & Albany Hernández & Dorelia Osorio, 2013. "Â¿Puede el desarrollo financiero promover el desarrollo humano? Evidencia para Venezuela," Revista Finanzas y Politica Economica, Universidad CatÃ³lica de Colombia, vol. 5(1), pages 23-42, June.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & de Castro Miranda, Rodrigo & da Silva Medeiros, Maurício, 2016. "Contagion in CDS, banking and equity markets," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 120-134.
- Jovanovic, Branimir & Petreski, Marjan, 2014. "Monetary policy, exchange rates and labor unions in SEE and the CIS during the financial crisis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 309-332.
- Claudio Borio & Robert Neil McCauley & Patrick McGuire, 2017. "FX swaps and forwards: missing global debt?," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Hannah Schürenberg-Frosch, 2014. "Improving Africa's Roads: Modelling Infrastructure Investment and Its Effect on Sectoral Production Behaviour," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 32(3), pages 327-353, May.
- Meknassi, Rachid Filali. & Rioux, Claude., 2010. "Labour relations and collective bargaining in Morocco," ILO Working Papers 994597733402676, International Labour Organization.
- Prashant Mahajan & Suresh Golahit, 2017. "Are The Services Delivered Employable? A Scenario Of Technical Education In Rural India," Post-Print hal-01483640, HAL.
- Egert Juuse & Rainer Kattel, 2014. "Financialisation and the Financial and Economic Crises: The Case of Estonia," FESSUD studies fstudy20, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Bongaarts, John & Cleland, John, 2011. "Population, poverty, and sustainable development : a review of the evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5719, The World Bank.
- Newburry, William & Gardberg, Naomi A. & Sanchez, Juan I., 2014. "Employer Attractiveness in Latin America: The Association Among Foreignness, Internationalization and Talent Recruitment," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 327-344.
- Narita, Daiju, 2010. "Climate policy, technology choice, and multiple equilibria in a developing economy," Kiel Working Papers 1590, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Simone Borghesi & Giorgia Giovannetti & Gianluca Iannucci & Paolo Russu, 2019.
"The Dynamics of Foreign Direct Investments in Land and Pollution Accumulation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 72(1), pages 135-154, January.
- Simone Borghesi & Giorgia Giovannetti & Gianluca Iannucci & Paolo Russu, 2016. "The dynamics of foreign direct investments in land and pollution accumulation," SEEDS Working Papers 1116, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Nov 2016.
- Cong Nguyen, Minh & Wodon, Quentin, 2014. "Weather Shocks, Impact on Households, and Ability to Recover in Morocco," MPRA Paper 56932, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Finance Corporation; investments; tourism; hospitality; economic development; Latin America and Caribbean;
All these keywords.
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P45 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - International Linkages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibf:gjbres:v:5:y:2011:i:5:p:45-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mercedes Jalbert (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.