An Approach Based On Big Data And Machine Learning For Optimizing The Management Of Agricultural Production Risks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- KEVORCHIAN, Cristian & GAVRILESCU, Camelia & HURDUZEU, Gheorghe, 2013. "Qualitative Risk Coverage In Agriculture Through Derivative Financial Instruments Based On Selyaninov Indices," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 17(3), pages 19-32.
- Khandani, Amir E. & Kim, Adlar J. & Lo, Andrew W., 2010. "Consumer credit-risk models via machine-learning algorithms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2767-2787, November.
- Benjamin Collier & Jerry Skees & Barry Barnett, 2009. "Weather Index Insurance and Climate Change: Opportunities and Challenges in Lower Income Countries," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 34(3), pages 401-424, July.
- Kevorchian, Cristian & Gavrilescu, Camelia & Hurduzeu, Gheorghe, 2014. "The Architecture of Informatics Systems for Farm Management – a Cloud Computing and Big Data Approach," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182844, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Apostolos Ampountolas & Titus Nyarko Nde & Paresh Date & Corina Constantinescu, 2021. "A Machine Learning Approach for Micro-Credit Scoring," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Periklis Gogas & Theophilos Papadimitriou & Rangan Gupta, 2016. "The Term Premium as a Leading Macroeconomic Indicator," Working Papers 201613, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Tobias Götze & Marc Gürtler & Eileen Witowski, 2020. "Improving CAT bond pricing models via machine learning," Journal of Asset Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(5), pages 428-446, September.
- Ashimwe, Olive, 2016. "An Economic Analysis Of Impact Of Weather Index-Based Crop Insurance On Household Income In Huye District Of Rwanda," Research Theses 265675, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018.
"A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Kusuma, Aditya & Noy, Ilan & Jackson, Bethanna, 2017. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," Working Paper Series 6393, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Achtnicht Martin & Osberghaus Daniel, 2019.
"The Demand for Index-Based Flood Insurance in a High-Income Country,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 20(2), pages 217-242, May.
- Martin Achtnicht & Daniel Osberghaus, 2019. "The Demand for Index‐Based Flood Insurance in a High‐Income Country," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 20(2), pages 217-242, May.
- Achtnicht, Martin & Osberghaus, Daniel, 2016. "The demand for index-based flood insurance in a high-income country," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-051, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Plakandaras, Vasilios & Papadimitriou, Theophilos & Gogas, Periklis, 2019. "Forecasting transportation demand for the U.S. market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 195-214.
- Zhang, Jing & Brown, Colin & Waldron, Scott, 2017. "Case study analysis on household attitudes towards weather index crop insurance in rural China," 2017 Conference (61st), February 7-10, 2017, Brisbane, Australia 258683, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Peter Martey Addo & Dominique Guegan & Bertrand Hassani, 2018. "Credit Risk Analysis Using Machine and Deep Learning Models," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(2), pages 1-20, April.
- Jordà, Òscar & Taylor, Alan M., 2012.
"The carry trade and fundamentals: Nothing to fear but FEER itself,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 74-90.
- Òscar Jordà & Alan M. Taylor, 2009. "The Carry Trade and Fundamentals: Nothing to Fear But FEER Itself," NBER Working Papers 15518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jordà, Òscar & Taylor, Alan M., 2009. "The Carry Trade and Fundamentals: Nothing to Fear But FEER Itself," CEPR Discussion Papers 7568, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daniel Stein, 2018. "Dynamics of Demand for Rainfall Index Insurance: Evidence from a Commercial Product in India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 32(3), pages 692-708.
- Vasilios Plakandaras & Elie Bouri & Rangan Gupta, 2019. "Forecasting Bitcoin Returns: Is there a Role for the U.S. – China Trade War?," Working Papers 201980, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Xiao Lin & W. Jean Kwon, 2020. "Application of parametric insurance in principle‐compliant and innovative ways," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 23(2), pages 121-150, June.
- Yiyan Huang & Cheuk Hang Leung & Xing Yan & Qi Wu & Nanbo Peng & Dongdong Wang & Zhixiang Huang, 2020. "The Causal Learning of Retail Delinquency," Papers 2012.09448, arXiv.org.
- Berge, Travis J., 2018. "Understanding survey-based inflation expectations," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 788-801.
- Neuberg Richard & Hannah Lauren, 2017. "Loan pricing under estimation risk," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 34(1-2), pages 69-87, June.
- Jesse Tack & Andrew Barkley & Lawton Nalley, 2014. "Heterogeneous effects of warming and drought on selected wheat variety yields," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 489-500, August.
- Flood, Mark D. & Lemieux, Victoria L. & Varga, Margaret & William Wong, B.L., 2016.
"The application of visual analytics to financial stability monitoring,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 180-197.
- Mark D. Flood & Victoria L. Lemieux & Margaret Varga & B.L. William Wong, 2014. "The Application of Visual Analytics to Financial Stability Monitoring," Working Papers 14-02, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury, revised 07 Oct 2014.
- Dougherty, John P. & Flatnes, Jon Einar & Gallenstein, Richard A. & Miranda, Mario J. & Sam, Abdoul G., 2020. "Climate change and index insurance demand: Evidence from a framed field experiment in Tanzania," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 155-184.
- Benjamin Collier & Jerry Skees, 2012.
"Increasing the resilience of financial intermediaries through portfolio-level insurance against natural disasters,"
Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 64(1), pages 55-72, October.
- Collier, Benjamin & Skees, Jerry R., 2012. "Increasing the Resilience of Financial Intermediaries through Portfolio-Level Insurance against Natural Disasters," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125535, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordsagriculture; weather risk; technologies; big data; machine learning;
All these keywords.
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iag:reviea:v:12:y:2015:i:2:p:117-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaacaro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.