A Review of Bankruptcy and its Prediction
Bankruptcy is one of the key issues across the globe which influences the economy of all the countries. Heavy social and economic costs which are imposed by bankrupted companies on stockholders can cause motivation of researchers in providing different methods for predicting bankruptcy. In this research, investigating the research literature and providing some definitions on bankruptcy and its reasons, we will deal with different modes of predicting bankruptcy in two groups of parametric and non-parametric. Non-parametric methods such as neural networks have high level efficiency and accuracy due to their unique features compared to statistical model.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patro, Dilip K. & Wald, John K. & Wu, Yangru, 2002. "Explaining exchange rate risk in world stock markets: A panel approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 1951-1972, October.
- Henk Berkman & Michael E. Bradbury & Phil Hancock & Clare Innes, 2002. "Derivative financial instrument use in Australia," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 42(2), pages 97-109.
- Michael G. Papaioannou, 2006.
"Exchange Rate Risk Measurement and Management: Issues and Approaches for Firms,"
South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics,
Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 4(2), pages 129-146.
- Michael G. Papaioannou, 2006. "Exchange Rate Risk Measurement and Management; Issues and Approaches for Firms," IMF Working Papers 06/255, International Monetary Fund.
- Christian Laux & Christian Leuz, 2010. "Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 93-118, Winter.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "Did fair-value accounting contribute to the financial crisis?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Christian Laux & Christian Leuz, 2009. "Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?," NBER Working Papers 15515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 826-834, August.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Zhang, Haiwen, 2009. "Effect of derivative accounting rules on corporate risk-management behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 244-264, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:3:y:2013:i:4:p:274-277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.