How are Derivative Accounting Applied for Hedging Activities?
The derivative instruments accounting plays an important role in the development of the financial instruments markets, commodity market and in the risk management process. Because, the close relationship between the methods of derivative instruments accounting and the derivative instruments in the financial markets, commodity market for hedging activities. Moreover, they bring the relevance and reliability of Financial statements. Application of derivative instruments accounting is an essential factor for the development of financial market and economy. Currently, Vietnamese accounting is using historical cost methods for the financial assets; the fair value is not applied by the enterprises. How is difference between the historical method and fair value accounting? If the enterprises apply derivative instruments accounting, how will they have benefits? The article analyses and emphasizes usage of the derivative instruments accounting method and fair value of evaluating models to find out benefits to help managers and investors manage the risk.
Volume (Year): 3 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hrmars.com/index.php/pages/detail/Accounting-Finance-Journal|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henk Berkman & Michael E. Bradbury & Phil Hancock & Clare Innes, 2002. "Derivative financial instrument use in Australia," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 42(2), pages 97-109.
- Christian Laux & Christian Leuz, 2010.
"Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 93-118, Winter.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "Did fair-value accounting contribute to the financial crisis?," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/22, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Christian Laux & Christian Leuz, 2009. "Did Fair-Value Accounting Contribute to the Financial Crisis?," NBER Working Papers 15515, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 826-834, August.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Zhang, Haiwen, 2009. "Effect of derivative accounting rules on corporate risk-management behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 244-264, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hur:ijaraf:v:3:y:2013:i:4:p:72-90. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hassan Danial Aslam)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.