Causal link between military expenditure and GDP - A study of selected countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramesh Chandra Das & Amaresh Das & Kamal Ray, 2018. "Examining Forward and Backward Linkages between Public and Private Investments," Review of Market Integration, India Development Foundation, vol. 10(1), pages 45-75, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zamani, Mehrzad, 2007. "Energy consumption and economic activities in Iran," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1135-1140, November.
- Muhammad Shafiullah & Ravinthirakumaran Navaratnam, 2016. "Do Bangladesh and Sri Lanka Enjoy Export-Led Growth? A Comparison of Two Small South Asian Economies," South Asia Economic Journal, Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka, vol. 17(1), pages 114-132, March.
- Xiaojie Xu, 2017. "The rolling causal structure between the Chinese stock index and futures," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 31(4), pages 491-509, November.
- Ibrahim Ari & Muammer Koc, 2018. "Sustainable Financing for Sustainable Development: Understanding the Interrelations between Public Investment and Sovereign Debt," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-25, October.
- H. Gonca DÝLER & F.Çiðdem TARHAN, 2015. "The Relationship Between Current Account Deficit Budget Deficit: A Research On Turkey," Eurasian Business & Economics Journal, Eurasian Academy Of Sciences, vol. 2(2), pages 24-36, July.
- Claire G.Gilmore & Brian Lucey & Ginette M.McManus, 2005. "The Dynamics of Central European Equity Market Integration," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp069, IIIS.
- Gossé, Jean-Baptiste & Guillaumin, Cyriac, 2013.
"L’apport de la représentation VAR de Christopher A. Sims à la science économique,"
L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 89(4), pages 309-319, Décembre.
- Jean-Baptiste Gossé & Cyriac Guillaumin, 2013. "L’apport de la représentation VAR de Chrisropher A. Sims à la science économique," Post-Print halshs-01075741, HAL.
- Gebre-Mariam, Yohannes Kebede, 2011. "Testing for unit roots, causality, cointegration, and efficiency: The case of the northwest US natural gas market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3489-3500.
- Murshed, Muntasir & Rashid, Seemran, 2020. "An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease phenomenon in South Asia," MPRA Paper 98756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Mantu Kumar Mahalik & Perry Sadorsky, 2018.
"How strong is the causal relationship between globalization and energy consumption in developed economies? A country-specific time-series and panel analysis,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(13), pages 1479-1494, March.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar & Sadorsky, Perry, 2017. "How Strong is the Causal Relationship between Globalization and Energy Consumption in Developed Economies? A Country-Specific Time-Series and Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 80718, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2017.
- Isabel CortÃ©s-JimÃ©nez & Manuel ArtÃs, 2005.
"The role of the tourism sector in economic development - Lessons from the Spanish experience,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa05p488, European Regional Science Association.
- Isabel Cortes Jimenez & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2006. "The role of the tourism sector in economic development. Lessons from the Spanish experience," Working Papers in Economics 158, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Marin, Dalia, 1992.
"Is the Export-Led.Growth Hypothesis Valid for Industrialized Countries?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 678-688, November.
- Marin, Dalia, 1990. "Is the Export-Led Growth Hypothesis Valid for Industrialized Countries?," CEPR Discussion Papers 362, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marin, Dalia, 1992. "Is the Export-led Growth Hypothesis Valid for Industrialized Countries?," Munich Reprints in Economics 3112, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, 2003.
"Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain,"
International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 19-38.
- M. T. Alguacil & V. Orts, "undated". "Inward Foreign Direct Investment and Imports in Spain," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 02-01, FEDEA.
- M. T. Alguacil & Vicente Orts, 2002. "Inward Foreign Direct Investment And Imports In Spain," Working Papers 02-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Jan Hanousek & Libor Nemecek, 2002.
"Mispricing and lasting arbitrage between parallel markets in the Czech Republic,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 46-69.
- Jan Hanousek & Libor Nemecek, 2001. "Mispricing and Lasting Arbitrage between Parallel Markets in the Czech Republic," Finance 0012007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dutrénit, Gabriela & Natera, José Miguel & Puchet Anyul, Martín & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O., 2019. "Development profiles and accumulation of technological capabilities in Latin America," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 396-412.
- Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Pires Manso, José R., 2012. "Does Portuguese economy support crude oil conservation hypothesis?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 628-634.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-442 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ling Tang & Chengyuan Zhang & Tingfei Li & Ling Li, 2021. "A novel BEMD-based method for forecasting tourist volume with search engine data," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(5), pages 1015-1038, August.
- Zhang, Yu & Zhang, Sufang, 2018. "The impacts of GDP, trade structure, exchange rate and FDI inflows on China's carbon emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 347-353.
- Ashfaque H. Khan & Afia Malik & Lubna Hasan, 1995.
"Exports, Growth and Causality: An Application of Co-integration and Error-correction Modelling,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 1001-1012.
- Khan, Ashfaque Hasan & Hasan, Lubna & Malik, Afia, 1995. "Exports, Growth and Causality:An Application of Co-Integration and Error-correction Modelling," MPRA Paper 7352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jose Perez-Montiel & Carles Manera Erbina, 2019. "Investment Sustained by Consumption: A Linear and Nonlinear Time Series Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(16), pages 1-15, August.
More about this item
KeywordsGDP; military expenditure; unit roots; cointegration; error correction; Granger causality;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gok:ijdcv1:v:5:y:2015:i:2:p:114-126. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gipepin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/gipepin.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.