Military spending and economic growth in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Dunne & Dimitrios Vougas, 1999. "Military Spending and Economic Growth in South Africa," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), pages 521-537.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dybvig, Philip H. & Spatt, Chester S., 1983.
"Adoption externalities as public goods,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 231-247.
- Richter, Wolfram F., 2017. "From ability to pay to concepts of equal sacrifice," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 108, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- John C. Harsanyi & Reinhard Selten, 1988. "A General Theory of Equilibrium Selection in Games," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582384, January.
- Sandler,Todd & Hartley,Keith, 1999. "The Political Economy of NATO," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521630931, December.
- Conybeare, John A C & Murdoch, James C & Sandler, Todd, 1994.
"Alternative Collective-Goods Models of Military Alliances: Theory and Empirics,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 525-542, October.
- John A Conbeare & James C Murdoch & Todd Sandler, 2001. "Alternative Collective-Goods Models of Military Alliances: Theory and Empirics," Levine's Working Paper Archive 563824000000000102, David K. Levine.
- Todd Sandler & Keith Sargent, 1995. "Management of Transnational Commons: Coordination, Publicness, and Treaty Formation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 71(2), pages 145-162.
- Dagobert Brito & Michael Intriligator, 1999. "Increasing returns to scale and the arms race: The end of the Richardson paradigm?," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 39-54.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Moldovanu, Benny & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1996. "How (Not) to Sell Nuclear Weapons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 814-829.
- Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler, 1999. "NATO Burden-Sharing: Past and Future," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, pages 665-680.
- Russell Cooper & Andrew John, 1988. "Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 441-463.
- Sandler,Todd & Hartley,Keith, 1995. "The Economics of Defense," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521447287, December.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron, 1995. "The Arms Trade and Arms Control," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 471-484, March.
- Rotillon, Gilles & Tazdait, Tarik & Zeghni, Sylvain, 1996.
"Bilateral or multilateral bargaining in the face of global environmental change?,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 177-187, August.
- Sylvain Zeghni & Gilles Rotillon & Tarik Tazdait, 1996. "Bilateral or multilateral bargaining in the face of global environmental change?," Post-Print hal-01100892, HAL.
- del Carmen Garcia-Alonso, Maria, 2000.
"The role of technology security in a model of trade with horizontal differentiation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 747-772, July.
- Garcia-Alonso, M.C., 1998. "The role of Technology Security in a Model of Trade with Horizontal Differentiation," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 423.98, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Giovanni Maggi, 1999.
"The Role of Multilateral Institutions in International Trade Cooperation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 190-214.
- Jeremy I. Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1996. "The Generalized War of Attrition," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1142, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Klemperer, Paul, 1997. "The Generalized War of Attrition," CEPR Discussion Papers 1564, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 1997. "The Generalized War of Attrition," NBER Working Papers 5872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Klemperer & Jeremy Bulow, 1999. "The Generalized War of Attrition," Game Theory and Information 9901004, EconWPA.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1989. "Quality variations and maximal variety differentiation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 21-29, February.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1983. "From weakest-link to best-shot: The voluntary provision of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 371-386, January.
More about this item
KeywordsMilitary spending; Growth; South Africa; Externalities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:defpea:v:11:y:2000:i:4:p:553-571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GDPE20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .