Social Impacts of Dam-Induced Displacement and Resettlement: A Comparative Case Study in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ranjit Dwivedi, 2002. "Models and Methods in Development–Induced Displacement (Review Article)," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 33(4), pages 709-732, September.
- Wilmsen, Brooke, 2016. "After the Deluge: A longitudinal study of resettlement at the Three Gorges Dam, China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 41-54.
- Webber, Michael & McDonald, Brooke, 2004. "Involuntary Resettlement, Production and Income: Evidence from Xiaolangdi, PRC," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 673-690, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haiyun Shi & Ji Chen & Suning Liu & Bellie Sivakumar, 2019. "The Role of Large Dams in Promoting Economic Development under the Pressure of Population Growth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-14, May.
- Ernest Uwayezu & Walter T. de Vries, 2020. "Can In-Kind Compensation for Expropriated Real Property Promote Spatial Justice? A Case Study Analysis of Resettlement in Kigali City, Rwanda," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(9), pages 1-1, May.
- Łukasz Wiejaczka & Danuta Piróg & Joanna Fidelus-Orzechowska, 2020. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of Dam Projects: The Perspectives of Resettled and Non-resettled Communities," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 34(1), pages 343-357, January.
- Oleg Bazaluk & Svitlana Balinchenko, 2020. "Dynamic Coordination of Internal Displacement: Return and Integration Cases in Ukraine and Georgia," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-1, May.
- Sara Sousa & Anabela Botelho & Lígia M. Costa Pinto & Marieta Valente, 2019. "How Relevant Are Non-Use Values and Perceptions in Economic Valuations? The Case of Hydropower Plants," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-18, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Xia, Bingqing & Qiang, Maoshan & Chen, Wenchao & Fan, Qixiang & Jiang, Hanchen & An, Nan, 2018. "A benefit-sharing model for hydropower projects based on stakeholder input-output analysis: A case study of the Xiluodu Project in China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 341-352.
- Randell, Heather, 2016. "The short-term impacts of development-induced displacement on wealth and subjective well-being in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 385-400.
- Wang, Shun & Zhou, Weina, 2017.
"The Unintended Long-Term Consequences of Mao’s Mass Send-Down Movement: Marriage, Social Network, and Happiness,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 344-359.
- Shun Wang & Weina Zhou, 2016. "The Unintended Long-term Consequences of Mao’s Mass Send-Down Movement: Marriage, Social Network, and Happiness," HiCN Working Papers 213, Households in Conflict Network.
- Habich-Sobiegalla, Sabrina & Rousseau, Jean-François, 2020. "Responsibility to choose: Governmentality in China’s participatory dam resettlement processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Jianjian Qiu & Yihua Liu & Shi Xian & Longjian Song & Xiaolin Ru, 2020. "‘Plural Reciprocity’ vs. ‘Acquaintance Society’: Place Attachment and Residential Satisfaction under Development-Induced Resettlement Differences in Guangzhou, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-1, August.
- Sarah Rogers & Mark Wang, 2020. "Producing a Chinese hydrosocial territory: A river of clean water flows north from Danjiangkou," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 38(7-8), pages 1308-1327, November.
- Sgarbi, Felipe de Albuquerque & Uhlig, Alexandre & Simões, André Felipe & Goldemberg, José, 2019. "An assessment of the socioeconomic externalities of hydropower plants in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 868-879.
- Hien Thanh Nguyen & Ty Huu Pham & Lisa Lobry de Bruyn, 2017. "Impact of Hydroelectric Dam Development and Resettlement on the Natural and Social Capital of Rural Livelihoods in Bo Hon Village in Central Vietnam," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-15, August.
- Brown, Philip H. & MAGEE, Darrin & Xu, Yilin, 2008. "Socioeconomic vulnerability in China's hydropower development," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 614-627, December.
- Lyttleton, Chris, 2020. "Borderline well-being: Mental health in a development zone," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 245(C).
More about this item
Keywordsdam projects; displacement and resettlement; social impact assessment; comparative case study; China;
All these keywords.
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:11:p:4018-:d:180117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.