Transition to the Revised OHADA Law on Accounting and Financial Reporting: Corporate Perceptions of Costs and Benefits
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary E. Barth & Wayne R. Landsman & Mark H. Lang, 2008. "International Accounting Standards and Accounting Quality," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 467-498, June.
- Nadia Albu & Cătălin N. Albu & Sidney J. Gray, 2020. "Institutional factors and the impact of international financial reporting standards: the Central and Eastern European experience," Accounting Forum, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 184-214, July.
- Mihaela Ionascu & Ion Ionascu & Marian Sacarin & Mihaela Minu, 2014. "IFRS adoption in developing countries: the case of Romania," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 13(2), pages 311-350, June.
- Saidatou Dicko & Anne Fortin, 2014. "IFRS adoption and the opinion of OHADA accountants," Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(2), pages 141-162.
- Mohammad Haroun Sharairi, 2020. "Factors that influenced the adoption of IFRS by Islamic banks in the UAE," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, vol. 33(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Giovanna Dabbicco & Giorgia Mattei, 2021. "The reconciliation of budgeting with financial reporting: A comparative study of Italy and the UK," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 127-137, February.
- Vincent Tawiah & Pran Boolaky, 2019. "Determinants of IFRS compliance in Africa: analysis of stakeholder attributes," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 573-599, October.
- Jeanjean, Thomas & Stolowy, Hervé, 2008. "Do accounting standards matter? An exploratory analysis of earnings management before and after IFRS adoption," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 480-494.
- Michael Forzeh Fossung, 2016. "Assessment of Compliance with OHADA Uniform Accounting Act by Public Limited Companies," Accounting and Finance Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 5(3), pages 1-1, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emilio Abad-Segura & Mariana-Daniela González-Zamar, 2020. "Research Analysis on Emerging Technologies in Corporate Accounting," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 8(9), pages 1-29, September.
- Akarsh Kainth & Ranik Raaen Wahlstrøm, 2021. "Do IFRS Promote Transparency? Evidence from the Bankruptcy Prediction of Privately Held Swedish and Norwegian Companies," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(3), pages 1-15, March.
- Ștefan Cristian Gherghina, 2021. "Corporate Finance," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(2), pages 1-5, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pignatel, Isabelle & Tchakoute Tchuigoua, Hubert, 2020. "Microfinance institutions and International Financial Reporting Standards: An exploratory analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Ester Chen & Ilanit Gavious & Tom Smith, 2017. "The roles of book-tax conformity and tax enforcement in regulating tax reporting behaviour following International Financial Reporting Standards adoption," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 57(3), pages 681-699, September.
- Florin Dobre & Laura Brad & Radu Ciobanu, 2015. "The Value of Discretionary Accruals Computed Using both National and International Standards," Journal of Accounting and Management Information Systems, Faculty of Accounting and Management Information Systems, The Bucharest University of Economic Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 153-169, March.
- Eliwa, Yasser & Haslam, Jim & Abraham, Santhosh, 2021. "Earnings quality and analysts’ information environment: Evidence from the EU market," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
- Trimble, Madeline, 2018. "A reinvestigation into accounting quality following global IFRS adoption: Evidence via earnings distributions," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 18-39.
- de La Bruslerie, Hubert & Gabteni, Heger, 2014.
"Voluntary disclosure of financial information by French firms: Does the introduction of IFRS matter?,"
Advances in accounting, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 367-380.
- Hubert de La Bruslerie & Heger Gabteni, 2014. "Voluntary disclosure of financial information by French firms: Does the introduction of IFRS matter?," Post-Print hal-01490689, HAL.
- Mihaela Ionascu & Ion Ionascu & Marian Sacarin & Mihaela Minu, 2018. "Benefits of global financial reporting models for developing markets: The case of Romania," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(11), pages 1-24, November.
- Ester Chen & Ilanit Gavious & Nadav Steinberg, 2019.
"Dividends from unrealized earnings and default risk,"
Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 491-535, June.
- Ester Chen & Ilanit Gavious & Nadav Steinberg, 2017. "Dividends from Unrealized Earnings and Default Risk," Bank of Israel Working Papers 2017.05, Bank of Israel.
- Cai, Lei & Rahman, Asheq & Courtenay, Stephen, 2014. "The Effect of IFRS Adoption Conditional Upon the Level of Pre-adoption Divergence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 147-178.
- Martin Walker, 2013. "How far can we trust earnings numbers? What research tells us about earnings management," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 445-481, August.
- Georgakopoulos, Georgios & Gounopoulos, Dimitrios & Huang, Chen & Patsika, Victoria, 2022. "The impact of IFRS adoption on IPOs management earnings forecasts in Australia," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 48(C).
- Neslihan Ozkan & Zvi Singer & Haifeng You, 2012. "Mandatory IFRS Adoption and the Contractual Usefulness of Accounting Information in Executive Compensation," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 1077-1107, September.
- Houqe, Muhammad Nurul & Monem, Reza M. & Tareq, Mohammad & van Zijl, Tony, 2016. "Secrecy and the impact of mandatory IFRS adoption on earnings quality in Europe," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 476-490.
- Macías, Marta & Muiño, Flora, 2011. "Examining dual accounting systems in Europe," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 51-78, March.
- Marco Fasan & Carlo Marcon, 2014. "Accounting Tradition and other drivers of the Fair Value choice: An Opportunistic Management perspective," Working Papers 13, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Ali Alnodel, 2018. "The Impact of IFRS Adoption on the Value Relevance of Accounting Information: Evidence from the Insurance Sector," International Journal of Business and Management, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 13(4), pages 138-138, March.
- Shahid Khan & Mark Anderson & Hussein Warsame & Michael Wright, 2015. "Do IFRS‐Based Earnings Announcements Have More Information Content than Canadian GAAP‐Based Earnings Announcements?," Accounting Perspectives, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 14(3), pages 276-302, September.
- Sidney J. Gray & Tony Kang & Zhiwei Lin & Qingliang Tang, 2015. "Earnings Management in Europe Post IFRS: Do Cultural Influences Persist?," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 55(6), pages 827-856, December.
- Dragos Andrei Stoica, 2021. "General Opinions about the Adoption of IAS/IFRS in Romania," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 24(82), pages 132-139, December,.
- Md Humayun Kabir & Fawzi Laswad & Md Ainul Islam, 2010. "Impact of IFRS in New Zealand on Accounts and Earnings Quality," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 20(4), pages 343-357, December.
More about this item
Keywordsperception; OHADA accounting; transition; IFRS; comparability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jjrfmx:v:13:y:2020:i:8:p:172-:d:393814. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.