Co-Combustion of Municipal Sewage Sludge and Biomass in a Grate Fired Boiler for Phosphorus Recovery in Bottom Ash
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xiao, Zhihua & Yuan, Xingzhong & Jiang, Longbo & Chen, Xiaohong & Li, Hui & Zeng, Guangming & Leng, Lijian & Wang, Hou & Huang, Huajun, 2015. "Energy recovery and secondary pollutant emission from the combustion of co-pelletized fuel from municipal sewage sludge and wood sawdust," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 441-450.
- Syed-Hassan, Syed Shatir A. & Wang, Yi & Hu, Song & Su, Sheng & Xiang, Jun, 2017. "Thermochemical processing of sewage sludge to energy and fuel: Fundamentals, challenges and considerations," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 888-913.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marzena Smol & Christian Adam & Stefan Anton Kugler, 2020. "Thermochemical Treatment of Sewage Sludge Ash (SSA)—Potential and Perspective in Poland," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(20), pages 1-17, October.
- Coskun, Can & Oktay, Zuhal & Koksal, Tunc & Birecikli, Bahadır, 2020. "Co-combustion of municipal dewatered sewage sludge and natural gas in an actual power plant," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C).
- Naeimeh Vali & Lars-Erik Åmand & Aurélie Combres & Tobias Richards & Anita Pettersson, 2021. "Pyrolysis of Municipal Sewage Sludge to Investigate Char and Phosphorous Yield together with Heavy-Metal Removal—Experimental and by Thermodynamic Calculations," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-18, March.
- Izabella Maj & Sylwester Kalisz & Szymon Ciukaj, 2022. "Properties of Animal-Origin Ash—A Valuable Material for Circular Economy," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(4), pages 1-15, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ma, Jiao & Mu, Lan & Zhang, Zhikun & Wang, Zhuozhi & Shen, Boxiong & Zhang, Lei & Li, Aimin, 2020. "The effects of the modification of biodegradation and the interaction of bulking agents on the combustion characteristics of biodried products derived from municipal organic wastes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 209(C).
- Shahbeig, Hossein & Nosrati, Mohsen, 2020. "Pyrolysis of municipal sewage sludge for bioenergy production: Thermo-kinetic studies, evolved gas analysis, and techno-socio-economic assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Juan A. Conesa, 2021. "Sewage Sludge as Inhibitor of the Formation of Persistent Organic Pollutants during Incineration," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(19), pages 1-15, October.
- Xuyang Cui & Junhong Yang & Xinyu Shi & Wanning Lei & Tao Huang & Chao Bai, 2019. "Experimental Investigation on the Energy Consumption, Physical, and Thermal Properties of a Novel Pellet Fuel Made from Wood Residues with Microalgae as a Binder," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(18), pages 1-26, September.
- Wu, Junnan & Liao, Yanfen & Lin, Yan & Tian, Yunlong & Ma, Xiaoqian, 2019. "Study on thermal decomposition kinetics model of sewage sludge and wheat based on multi distributed activation energy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(C), pages 795-803.
- Sanaye, Sepehr & Alizadeh, Pouria & Yazdani, Mohsen, 2022. "Thermo-economic analysis of syngas production from wet digested sewage sludge by gasification process," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 524-539.
- Awasthi, Mukesh Kumar & Singh, Ekta & Binod, Parameswaran & Sindhu, Raveendran & Sarsaiya, Surendra & Kumar, Aman & Chen, Hongyu & Duan, Yumin & Pandey, Ashok & Kumar, Sunil & Taherzadeh, Mohammad J. , 2022. "Biotechnological strategies for bio-transforming biosolid into resources toward circular bio-economy: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 156(C).
- Vershinina, K. Yu & Shlegel, N.E. & Strizhak, P.A., 2019. "Relative combustion efficiency of composite fuels based on of wood processing and oil production wastes," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 18-28.
- Zhao, Zhenghui & Wang, Ruikun & Wu, Junhong & Yin, Qianqian & Wang, Chunbo, 2019. "Bottom ash characteristics and pollutant emission during the co-combustion of pulverized coal with high mass-percentage sewage sludge," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 809-818.
- Liu, Yali & Zhai, Yunbo & Li, Shanhong & Liu, Xiangmin & Liu, Xiaoping & Wang, Bei & Qiu, Zhenzi & Li, Caiting, 2020. "Production of bio-oil with low oxygen and nitrogen contents by combined hydrothermal pretreatment and pyrolysis of sewage sludge," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 203(C).
- Pecchi, Matteo & Baratieri, Marco, 2019. "Coupling anaerobic digestion with gasification, pyrolysis or hydrothermal carbonization: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 462-475.
- Czerwińska, Klaudia & Śliz, Maciej & Wilk, Małgorzata, 2022. "Hydrothermal carbonization process: Fundamentals, main parameter characteristics and possible applications including an effective method of SARS-CoV-2 mitigation in sewage sludge. A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 154(C).
- Adam Smoliński & Natalia Howaniec & Andrzej Bąk, 2018. "Utilization of Energy Crops and Sewage Sludge in the Process of Co-Gasification for Sustainable Hydrogen Production," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(4), pages 1-8, March.
- Chen, Jiacong & He, Yao & Liu, Jingyong & Liu, Chao & Xie, Wuming & Kuo, Jiahong & Zhang, Xiaochun & Li, Shoupeng & Liang, Jialin & Sun, Shuiyu & Buyukada, Musa & Evrendilek, Fatih, 2019. "The mixture of sewage sludge and biomass waste as solid biofuels: Process characteristic and environmental implication," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 707-717.
- Izydorczyk, Grzegorz & Skrzypczak, Dawid & Kocek, Daria & Mironiuk, Małgorzata & Witek-Krowiak, Anna & Moustakas, Konstantinos & Chojnacka, Katarzyna, 2020. "Valorization of bio-based post-extraction residues of goldenrod and alfalfa as energy pellets," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 194(C).
- Parascanu, M.M. & Puig-Gamero, M. & Soreanu, G. & Valverde, J.L. & Sanchez-Silva, L., 2019. "Comparison of three Mexican biomasses valorization through combustion and gasification: Environmental and economic analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 189(C).
- Torres, Erick & Rodriguez-Ortiz, Leandro A. & Zalazar, Daniela & Echegaray, Marcelo & Rodriguez, Rosa & Zhang, Huili & Mazza, Germán, 2020. "4-E (environmental, economic, energetic and exergetic) analysis of slow pyrolysis of lignocellulosic waste," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 296-307.
- Yang, Xiaoxia & Tian, Sicong & Kan, Tao & Zhu, Yuxiang & Xu, Honghui & Strezov, Vladimir & Nelson, Peter & Jiang, Yijiao, 2019. "Sorption-enhanced thermochemical conversion of sewage sludge to syngas with intensified carbon utilization," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- Samar Elkhalifa & Hamish R. Mackey & Tareq Al-Ansari & Gordon McKay, 2022. "Pyrolysis of Biosolids to Produce Biochars: A Review," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(15), pages 1-19, August.
- Chen, Yunan & Yi, Lei & Wei, Wenwen & Jin, Hui & Guo, Liejin, 2022. "Hydrogen production by sewage sludge gasification in supercritical water with high heating rate batch reactor," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 238(PA).
More about this item
Keywordssewage sludge; grate boiler; heavy metals; phosphorus recovery; co-combustion;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jeners:v:13:y:2020:i:7:p:1708-:d:341274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: MDPI Indexing Manager (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.