Historical patterns and recent changes in the relationship between bank holding company size and risk
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995.
"The decline of traditional banking: implications for financial stability and regulatory policy,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 27-45.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "The Decline of Traditional Banking: Implications for Financial Stabilityand Regulatory Policy," NBER Working Papers 4993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- White, Lawrence J, 1989. "The Reform of Federal Deposit Insurance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 11-29, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Beverly Hirtle, 1997.
"Derivatives, Portfolio Composition, and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 243-266, October.
- Beverly J. Hirtle, 1996. "Derivatives, Portfolio Composition and Bank Holding Company Interest Rate Risk Exposure," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-43, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Elyasiani, Elyas & Mansur, Iqbal & Pagano, Michael S., 2007. "Convergence and risk-return linkages across financial service firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1167-1190, April.
- Elijah Brewer III & Thomas H. Mondschean & Philip Strahan, 1996. "The Role of Monitoring in Reducing the Moral Hazard Problem Associated with Government Guarantees: Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Carlson, Mark & Shan, Hui & Warusawitharana, Missaka, 2013.
"Capital ratios and bank lending: A matched bank approach,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 663-687.
- Mark A. Carlson & Hui Shan & Missaka Warusawitharana, 2011. "Capital ratios and bank lending: a matched bank approach," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-34, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- George Alessandria & Horag Choi, 2007.
"Do Sunk Costs of Exporting Matter for Net Export Dynamics?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, pages 289-336.
- George Alessandria & Horag Choi, 2005. "Do sunk costs of exporting matter for net export dynamics?," Working Papers 05-20, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Mark Carlson, 2004.
"Are Branch Banks Better Survivors? Evidence from the Depression Era,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 111-126, January.
- Mark A. Carlson, 2001. "Are branch banks better survivors? Evidence from the Depression era," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Victoria Geyfman, 2005. "Banks in the securities business: market-based risk implications of section 20 subsidiaries," Working Papers 05-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Wided Ben Moussa, 2014. "Bank Stock Volatility And Contagion: An Empirical Investigation With Application Of Multivariate Garch Models," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2), pages 1-24, June.
- Zeng Liujing & Yong Hue Hwa Au & Treepongkaruna Sirimon & Faff Robert, 2014. "Is there a Banking Risk Premium in the US Stock Market?," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 27-42, July.
- Gianni De Nicolo, 2000. "Size, charter value and risk in banking: an international perspective," International Finance Discussion Papers 689, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsBank capital ; Bank holding companies ; Bank size;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fednep:y:1995:i:jul:p:13-26:n:v.1no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbnyus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.