Bank lending and monetary policy: evidence on a credit channel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1993.
" The Role of Credit Market Imperfections in the Monetary Transmission Mechanism: Arguments and Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 43-64.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "The role of credit market imperfections in the monetary transmission mechanism: arguments and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-5, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1992.
"Some Evidence on the Empirical Significance of Credit Rationing,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 1047-1077, October.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 1990. "Some evidence on the empirical significance of credit rationing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 105, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hoover, Kevin D. & Perez, Stephen J., 1994. "Post hoc ergo propter once more an evaluation of 'does monetary policy matter?' in the spirit of James Tobin," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 47-74, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yu Hsing, 2014. "Test of the bank lending channel: the case of US consumer loans," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(7), pages 466-469, May.
- Avelino Martínez Sandoval & Harold Londoño Martínez, 2004. "El Racionamiento del Crédito en los Mercados Financieros," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA Y ADMINISTRACIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DE OCCIDENTE, July.
- Yu Hsing, 2014. "Monetary Policy Transmission and Bank Lending In South Korea and Policy Implications," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(11), pages 1674-1680, November.
- Iacoviello, Matteo, 2000. "House prices and the macroeconomy in Europe: Results from a structural var analysis," Working Paper Series 0018, European Central Bank.
- Jean-Paul Pollin & Raphaëlle Bellando & Claude Jessua, 1996.
"Le canal du crédit en France depuis la déréglementation financière : quelques tests exploratoires,"
Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 731-743.
- Raphaëlle Bellando & Jean-Paul Pollin, 1996. "Le canal du crédit en France depuis la déréglementation financière : quelques tests exploratoires," Post-Print halshs-00287657, HAL.
- Smant, David / D.J.C., 2002. "Bank credit in the transmission of monetary policy: A critical review of the issues and evidence," MPRA Paper 19816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stöß, Elmar, 1996. "Enterprises' financing structure and their response to monetary policy stimuli: An analysis based on the Deutsche Bundesbank's corporate balance sheet statistics," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1996,09e, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- César A. Corredor V., 2009. "Credit Chanel in developing countries: The case of Colombia," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL CARIBE 007113, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
- Anjan V. Thakor, 2004. "Capital Requirements, Monetary Policy, and Aggregate Bank," Finance 0411027, EconWPA.
- Raditya Sukmana & Salina H. Kassim, 2010. "Roles of the Islamic banks in the monetary transmission process in Malaysia," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 7-19, April.
- Kim-Leng GOH & Chin-Sieng CHONG & Sook-Lu YONG, 2007. "Bank Lending Channel For Monetary Policy Transmission In Malaysia: An Ardl Approach," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 7(2).
- Christian Fachat, 2000. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and the Credit Channel of Monetary Transmission," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse3_2000, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Alberto Humala, 2005. "Interest rate pass-through and financial crises: do switching regimes matter? the case of Argentina," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 77-94.
- Kim-Leng Goh & Sook-Lu Yong, 2007. "Bank lending and monetary policy: the effects of structural shift in interest rates," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(5), pages 1-14.
- Carl E. Walsh & James A. Wilcox, 1995. "Bank credit and economic activity," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 39, pages 83-125.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1995. "Is there a bank lending channel for monetary policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 1-20.
- Perera, Anil & Ralston, Deborah & Wickramanayake, J., 2014. "Impact of off-balance sheet banking on the bank lending channel of monetary transmission: Evidence from South Asia," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 195-216.
- Binswanger, Mathias, 1997. "The finance process on a macroeconomic level from a flow perspective: A new interpretation of hoarding," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 107-131.
- Yu Hsing, 2013. "Test of the Bank Lending Channel: The Case of Australia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2575-2582.
- Fachat, Christian, 2000. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and the Transmission Mechanism of Monetary Policy," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse2_2000, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Stöß, Elmar, 1996. "Die Finanzierungsstruktur der Unternehmen und deren Reaktion auf montäre Impulse: Eine Analyse anhand der Unternehmensbilanzstatistik der Deutschen Bundesbank," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1996,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Mohd Zaini Abd Karim & Amy Azhar Mohd Harif & Azira Adziz, 2006. "Monetary Policy and Sectoral Bank Lending in Malaysia," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 303-326.
- Yu Hsing & Wen-jen Hsieh, 2014. "Test of the Bank Lending Channel for a BRICS Country," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(8), pages 1016-1023, August.
- Yu HSING, 2014. "Test of the bank lending channel: The case of Hungary," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(590)), pages 115-120, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBank loans ; Monetary policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:1995:i:qii:p:59-75:n:v.80no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LDayrit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.