Fiscal policies aimed at spurring capital formation: a framework for analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chirinko, Robert S, 1993.
"Business Fixed Investment Spending: Modeling Strategies, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1875-1911, December.
- Robert S. Chirinko, 1992. "Business Fixed Investment Spending: Modeling Strategies, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications," CESifo Working Paper Series 27, CESifo.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 1987.
"Ricardian Equivalence: An Evaluation of Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1987, Volume 2, pages 263-316,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- B. Douglas Bernheim, 1987. "Ricardian Equivalence: An Evaluation of Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1989. "What Determines Savings?," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262611872.
- Martin Feldstein & Philippe Bacchetta, 1991. "National Saving and International Investment," NBER Chapters, in: National Saving and Economic Performance, pages 201-226, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Gregory Mankiw, N., 1999.
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 25, pages 1615-1669,
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1820, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 6470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elmendorf, Douglas W. & Mankiw, N, 1999. "Government Debt," Scholarly Articles 2643866, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Douglas W. Elmendorf & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1998. "Government debt," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-09, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Vîntu, Denis, 2022. "An application: Pension systems and transitions," MPRA Paper 113128, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2022.
- Martin Zagler & Georg Dürnecker, 2003. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 397-418, July.
- Engen, Eric M. & Skinner, Jonathan, 1996. "Taxation and Economic Growth," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 49(4), pages 617-642, December.
- Steven M. Fazzari & Benjamin Herzon, 1995. "Capital Gains Tax Cuts, Investment, and Growth," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_147, Levy Economics Institute.
- Mark Lasky, 2003. "A Putty-Clay Model of Business Fixed Investment: Technical Paper 2003-09," Working Papers 14770, Congressional Budget Office.
- Mark Lasky, 2005. "Putty-Clay Capital and an Index of Capital per Hour: Working Paper 2005-08," Working Papers 16575, Congressional Budget Office.
- Mark Lasky, 2007. "Output, Investment, and Growth in a World of Putty-Clay: Working Paper 2007-07," Working Papers 18701, Congressional Budget Office.
- Duy-Tung Bui, 2018. "Fiscal policy and national saving in emerging Asia: challenge or opportunity?," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 8(2), pages 305-322, August.
- Daniele Girardi & Riccardo Pariboni, 2020. "Autonomous demand and the investment share," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 428-453, July.
- Jesus Felipe & Franklin M. Fisher, 2003. "Aggregation in Production Functions: What Applied Economists should Know," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2‐3), pages 208-262, May.
- Ibrahim A. Elbadawi & Francis M. Mwega, 2000. "Can Africa's Saving Collapse Be Reversed?," The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 14(3), pages 415-443, September.
- Bitros, George C., 2009. "The Theorem of Proportionality in Mainstream Capital Theory: An Assessment of its Conceptual Foundations," MPRA Paper 17436, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1996. "Why are Latin America's savings rates so low? An international comparative analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 5-44, October.
- Fernando Alexandre & Luís Aguiar Conraria & Pedro Bação & Miguel Portela, 2011. "A Poupança em Portugal," GEMF Working Papers 2011-19, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Jungmittag Andre & Untiedt Gerhard, 2002. "Kapitalmobilität in Europa aus empirischer Sicht. Befunde und wirtschaftspolitische Implikationen / Capital Mobility in Europe from an Empirical Viewpoint. Evidence and Implications for Economic Polic," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 222(1), pages 42-63, February.
- Fang Xu & Helmut Herwartz, 2006. "What determines the relation between domestic saving and investment? - a new look at the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle," EcoMod2006 272100105, EcoMod.
- Chirinko, Robert S., 2008. "[sigma]: The long and short of it," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 671-686, June.
- Nguyen Hong Son & Ly Dai Hung, 2019. "Foreign Direct Investment Absorption Capacity," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 1-16, February.
- Antonino Buscemi & Alem Hagos Yallwe, 2012. "Fiscal Deficit, National Saving and Sustainability of Economic Growth in Emerging Economies: A Dynamic GMM Panel Data Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(2), pages 126-140.
More about this item
KeywordsFiscal policy; Capital; Economic development;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:1994:i:qi:p:59-73:n:v.79no.1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lu Dayrit (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.