Are state and local revenue systems becoming obsolete?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruce, Donald & Fox, William F., 2000. "E-Commerce in the Context of Declining State Sales Tax Bases," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(n. 4), pages 1373-90, December.
- Bruce, Donald & Fox, William F., 2000. "E-Commerce in the Context of Declining State Sales Tax Bases," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1373-1390, December.
- Fortin, Pierre & Keil, Manfred & Symons, James, 2001. "The Sources of Unemployment in Canada, 1967-91: Evidence from a Panel of Regions and Demographic Groups," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-93, January.
- Graham S. Toft, 1996. "Doing battle over the incentives war: improve accountability but avoid federal noncompete mandates," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 37-40.
- Alice M. Rivlin, 1996. "An economic war," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 20-25.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2004. "Economic Development," Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers,in: J. Richard Aronson & Eli Schwartz (ed.), Managememnt Policies in Local Government Finance, pages 355-390 W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Walter Hellerstein, 1996. "Commerce clause restraints on state tax incentives," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 60-63.
- Robert B. Reich, 1996. "Bidding against the future?," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 26-30.
- Oates, Wallace E. & Schwab, Robert M., 1988. "Economic competition among jurisdictions: efficiency enhancing or distortion inducing?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 333-354, April.
- Chris Farrell, 1996. "The economic war among the states: an overview," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 4-7.
- Kenneth E. Poole & George A. Erickcek & Donalad T. Iannone & Nancy McCrea & Pofen Lin Salem, 1999. "Evaluating Business Development Incentives," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number gaw1999.
- Philip P. Frickey, 1996. "The congressional process and the constitutionality of federal legislation to end the economic war among the states," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 58-59.
- Joe P. Mattey & Mark M. Spiegel, 1996. "On the efficiency effects of tax competition for firms," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 50-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2009.
"Red Ink in the Rearview Mirror: Local Fiscal Conditions and the Issuance of Traffic Tickets,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(1), pages 71-90, February.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2007. "Red ink in the rearview mirror: local fiscal conditions and the issuance of traffic tickets," Working Papers 2006-048, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Luca Gandullia, 2012. "The role of direct taxes in fiscal decentralization," DEP - series of economic working papers 6/2012, University of Genoa, Research Doctorate in Public Economics.
- Gary A. Wagner, 2010. "Commentary on "can state and local governments rely on alternative tax sources?"," Regional Economic Development, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 102-107.
- Richard H. Mattoon, 2004. "The state of the state and local government sector: fiscal issues in the Seventh District," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 2-17.
More about this item
KeywordsRevenue ; Tax incentives ; State finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedbne:y:2001:p:27-43:n:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbbous.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.