On Debt Financing and Investment Timing
This paper studies the relationship between debt-financing and the timing of investment, under asymmetric information. In particular we show that an option to delay raises the average profitability of firms who choose to invest immediately, thereby reducing the market interest rate on debt. Moreover, the option to delay is shown to be welfare improving.
Volume (Year): 15 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (Autumn)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.taloustieteellinenyhdistys.fi|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2004.
"Start-up investment with scarce venture capital support,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1935-1959, August.
- Vesa Kanniainen & Christian Keuschnigg, 2001. "Start-Up Investment with Scarce Venture Capital Support," CESifo Working Paper Series 439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Start-Up Investment With Scarce Venture Capital Support," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-03, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Kanniainen, V. & Keuschnigg, C., 2001. "Start-up Investment With Scarce Venture Capital Support," University of Helsinki, Department of Economics 503, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nick Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2005.
"Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 120(2), pages 701-728, May.
- Howitt, Peter & Griffith, Rachel & Aghion, Philippe & Blundell, Richard & Bloom, Nick, 2005. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted-U Relationship," Scholarly Articles 4481507, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and Innovation: An Inverted U Relationship," NBER Working Papers 9269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Nicholas Bloom & Richard Blundell & Rachel Griffith & Peter Howitt, 2002. "Competition and innovation: an inverted U relationship," IFS Working Papers W02/04, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Lensink, Robert & Sterken, Elmer, 2001. "Asymmetric information, option to wait to invest and the optimal level of investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 365-374, February.
- Vercammen, James, 2000. "Irreversible investment under uncertainty and the threat of bankruptcy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 319-325, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fep:journl:v:15:y:2002:i:2:p:110-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Editorial Secretary)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.