Applying IFRS Mandatory: Evidence from Greek Listed Companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary E. Barth & Wayne R. Landsman & Mark H. Lang, 2008. "International Accounting Standards and Accounting Quality," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 467-498, June.
- Tyrrall, David & Woodward, David & Rakhimbekova, Almagoul, 2007. "The relevance of International Financial Reporting Standards to a developing country: Evidence from Kazakhstan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 82-110.
- repec:bla:joares:v:38:y:2000:i::p:91-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashbaugh, Hollis, 2001. "Non-US Firms' Accounting Standard Choices," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 129-153.
- Naomi Soderstrom & Kevin Jialin Sun, 2007. "IFRS Adoption and Accounting Quality: A Review," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 675-702.
- Geoffrey Whittington, 2005. "The adoption of International Accounting Standards in the European Union," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 127-153.
- Bellas, Athanasios & Toudas, Kanellos & Papadatos, Konstantinos, 2007. "What International Accounting Standards (IAS) bring about to the financial statements of Greek Listed Companies? The case of the Athens Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 13207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leuz, C & Verrecchia, RE, 2000. "The economic consequences of increased disclosure," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38, pages 91-124.
- Murphy, Ann B., 1999. "Firm Characteristics of Swiss Companies that Utilize International Accounting Standards," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 121-131.
- Harris, Mary S. & Muller III, Karl A., 1999. "The market valuation of IAS versus US-GAAP accounting measures using Form 20-F reconciliations1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 285-312, January.
- Joshi, Prem Lal & Ramadhan, Sayel, 2002. "The adoption of international accounting standards by small and closely held companies: evidence from Bahrain," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 429-440.
- Brenda van Tendeloo & Ann Vanstraelen, 2005. "Earnings management under German GAAP versus IFRS," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 155-180.
- Aljifri, Khaled & Khasharmeh, Hussein, 2006. "An investigation into the suitability of the international accounting standards to the United Arab Emirates environment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 505-526, October.
- Konstantinos Papadatos & Vasiliki Makri, 2013. "The value relevance of earnings and cash flows under International Financial Reporting Standards: the case of Greece," International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(2), pages 184-198.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); Greek Listed Firms; Greek Accounting Standards (GAS); Mandatory Adoptions; Account Preparers;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M49 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Other
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xiv:y:2011:i:4:p:71-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marios Agiomavritis). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersj.eu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.