The Causal Relationship Between Domestic Private Consumption and Wholesale Prices: The Case of European Union
The purpose of this paper is to investigate and measure the proportion of changes in wholesale prices transferred to private consumption prices in European Union economy. The data used in the investigation are monthly, covering the period from 1996:9 to 2001:7 and refer to consumer price indexes and wholesale price indexes of all products. Cointegration method is used in order to investigate the cost transfer from wholesale prices to consumer prices, or in other words to test the existence or not of a long-term equilibrium relationship between the two prices.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katsouli, E. & Vogiatzis, A. & Manitsaris, A., 2002. "Linking consumer prices to wholesale prices: Error correction models for the case of Greece," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 3(1), January.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-28, August.
- Efstratios Loizou & Kostandinos Mattas & Angelos Pagoulatos, 1997. "Macro-monetary effects on agricultural prices: the case of Greek agriculture," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(7), pages 397-400.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-72, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:vii:y:2004:i:3-4:p:53-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.