Has the 1987 crash changed the psyche of the stock market?: The evidence from initial public offerings
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Logue, Dennis E., 1973. "On the Pricing of Unseasoned Equity Issues: 1965â€“1969," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 91-103, January.
- Hsuan‐Chi Chen & Jay R. Ritter, 2000. "The Seven Percent Solution," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1105-1131, June.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1990. "The Stock Market and Investment: Is the Market a Sideshow?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 21(2), pages 157-216.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1996.
"The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The financial accelerator and the flight to quality," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," Working Papers 94-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," NBER Working Papers 4789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arman Kosedag & David Michayluk, 2004. "Repeated LBOs: The Case of Multiple LBO Transactions," Published Paper Series 2004-2, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Curley, Anthony J., 1970. "Small Business and the New Issues Market for Equities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 309-322, September.
- Lowry, Michelle, 2003. "Why does IPO volume fluctuate so much?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 3-40, January.
- Brav, Alon & Gompers, Paul A, 1997. "Myth or Reality? The Long-Run Underperformance of Initial Public Offerings: Evidence from Venture and Nonventure Capital-Backed Companies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1791-1821, December.
- repec:uts:ppaper:2004:2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siegel, Jeremy J, 1992. "Equity Risk Premia, Corporate Profit Forecasts, and Investor Sentiment around the Stock Crash of October 1987," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(4), pages 557-570, October.
- Ibbotson, Roger G., 1975. "Price performance of common stock new issues," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 235-272, September.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1995. "The New Issues Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Lauterbach, Beni & Ben-Zion, Uri, 1993. "Stock Market Crashes and the Performance of Circuit Breakers: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1909-1925, December.
- Wolfson, Martin H, 1996. "Irving Fisher's Debt-Deflation Theory: Its Relevance to Current Conditions," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 315-333, May.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reilly, Frank K., 1973. "Further Evidence on Short-Run Results for New Issue Investors," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 83-90, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oehler, Andreas & Rummer, Marco & Smith, Peter N., 2004.
"IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany,"
26, University of Bamberg, Chair of Finance.
- Marco Rummer & Andreas Oehler & Peter N. Smith, 2004. "IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 62, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Josef Schuster, 2003. "The Cross-Section of European IPO Returns," FMG Discussion Papers dp460, Financial Markets Group.
- Schuster, Josef Anton, 2003. "The cross-section of European IPO returns," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24859, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Santos, Francisco, 2017. "IPO market timing with uncertain aftermarket retail demand," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 247-266.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002.
"A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing and Allocations,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm258, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2002.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002. "A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing, and Allocations," NBER Working Papers 8805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sibylle Lehmann, 2010. "Explaining the performance of Initial Public Offerings in Imperial Germany, 1897-1914: the role of reputation," Working Papers 10005, Economic History Society.
- Lehmann, Sibylle & Streb, Jochen, 2015. "The Berlin Stock Exchange in Imperial Germany – a Market for New Technology?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sibylle H. Lehmann, 2014.
"Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in imperial Germany, 1896–1913,"
Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 67(1), pages 92-122, February.
- Lehmann, Sibylle H., 2012. "Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in Imperial Germany 1896 - 1913," FZID Discussion Papers 58-2012, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Sibylle H. Lehmann, 2012. "Taking Firms to the Stock Market: IPOs and the Importance of Large Banks in Imperial Germany 1896-1913," Working Papers 0026, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Klova, Valeriia, 2017. "IPO underpricing: What about the shipping sector?," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 42, pages 95-115.
- Catherine M. Daily & S. Trevis Certo & Dan R. Dalton & Rungpen Roengpitya, 2003. "IPO Underpricing: A Metaâ€“Analysis and Research Synthesis," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 27(3), pages 271-295, July.
- Qi Deng & Zhong-guo Zhou, 2016. "The pricing of first day opening price returns for ChiNext IPOs," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 249-271, August.
- Brau, James C. & Rodríguez, Javier, 2009. "An empirical analysis of Mexican and US closed-end mutual fund IPOs," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Ning Jia, 2017. "Diversification of pre-IPO ownership and foreign IPO performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 1031-1061, May.
- Malcolm Baker & C. Fritz Foley & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004. "The Stock Market and Investment: Evidence from FDI Flows," NBER Working Papers 10559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jakobsen, Jan & Sørensen, Ole, 1999. "Decomposing and testing Long-run Returns with an application to initial public offerings in Denmark," Working Papers 2000-2, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Lily Qiu & Gerard Hoberg, 2006. "Growth to Value: A Difficult Journey for IPOs and Concentrated Industries," Working Papers 2005-17, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Packer, Frank & Ritter, Jay R., 2000.
"Institutional affiliation and the role of venture capital: Evidence from initial public offerings in Japan,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 529-558, October.
- Yasushi Hamao & Frank Packer & Jay Ritter, 1997. "Institutional affiliation and the role of venture capital: evidence from initial public offerings in Japan," Staff Reports 52, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Yasushi Hamao & Frank Packer & Jay Ritter, 1998. "Institutional affiliation and the role of venture capital: evidence from initial public offerings in Japan," Research Paper 9807, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2003. "Stock Prices and IPO Waves," NBER Working Papers 9858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alimov, Azizjon & Mikkelson, Wayne, 2012. "Does favorable investor sentiment lead to costly decisions to go public?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 519-540.
- Lin, Z. Jun & Tian, Zhimin, 2012. "Accounting conservatism and IPO underpricing: China evidence," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 127-144.
More about this item
KeywordsFlotation; Stock markets; Stock returns; United States of America;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:rafpps:v:8:y:2009:i:2:p:138-154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emerald.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.