An economic classification of “health need”
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olsen, Jan Abel, 1993. "But health can still be a necessity ..," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 187-191, July.
- Mitchell, Deborah & Harding, Ann & Gruen, Fred, 1994. "Targeting Welfare," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(210), pages 315-340, September.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, April.
- Ruth F. G. Williams & D. P. Doessel, 2007. "The Role of Knowledge Accumulation in Health and Longevity: The Puzzling Case of Suicide," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 283-303.
- Samuel Bowles, 1998. "Endogenous Preferences: The Cultural Consequences of Markets and Other Economic Institutions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 75-111, March.
- Rice, Thomas, 1992. "An alternative framework for evaluating welfare losses in the health care market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 85-92, May.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Paci, Pierella, 1991. "On the measurement of horizontal inequity in the delivery of health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 169-205, July.
- Culyer, A. J. & Wagstaff, Adam, 1993. "Equity and equality in health and health care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 431-457, December.
More about this item
KeywordsResource management; Classification; Personal health; Health services; Social economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijsepp:v:38:y:2011:i:3:p:291-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .