External economies of scale, government purchasing commitment and welfare improvements in the vaccines industry
Some industries exhibit external economies of scale. In these cases,the introduction of self-financing tax subsidy programmes canimprove social welfare. This paper advocates intervention incompetitive markets if economies of scale existand implementing the policy is inexpensive.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Marshallian External Economies And Optimal Tax-Subsidy Structure,"
in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 2, pages 5-17
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1971. "Marshallian External Economies and Optimal Tax-Subsidy Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Chandra, Vandana & Franck, David & Naqvi, Nadeem, 2002. "World Increasing Returns and Production Subsidies," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 223-27, May.
- Osana, Hiroaki, 1977. "Optimal Tax-Subsidy System for an Economy with Marshallian Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(2), pages 329-40, March.
- Panagariya, Arvind, 1981. "Variable Returns to Scale in Production and Patterns of Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 221-30, March.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1982. "Decreasing Costs in International Trade and Frank Graham's Argument for Protection," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(5), pages 1243-68, September.
- Chipman, John S, 1970. "External Economies of Scale and Competitive Equilibrium," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 347-85, August.
- Jacques Thépot, 2003. "Pareto-Improving Redistribution in a Monopoly," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(2), pages 165-178.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egr:ejge00:v:1:i:2:p:163-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diego Varela)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.