The Dynamics of Co-Management and Social Capital in Protected Area Management—The Cardoso Island State Park in Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paavola, Jouni, 2007. "Institutions and environmental governance: A reconceptualization," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 93-103, June.
- Priscila Lopes & Renato Silvano & Alpina Begossi, 2011. "Extractive and Sustainable Development Reserves in Brazil: resilient alternatives to fisheries?," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(4), pages 421-443.
- Hayes, Tanya M., 2006. "Parks, People, and Forest Protection: An Institutional Assessment of the Effectiveness of Protected Areas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2064-2075, December.
- Paula Ungar & Roger Strand, 2012. "Inclusive Protected Area Management in the Amazon: The Importance of Social Networks over Ecological Knowledge," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(12), pages 1-19, November.
- Klooster, Daniel, 2000. "Institutional Choice, Community, and Struggle: A Case Study of Forest Co-Management in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Schultz, Lisen & Duit, Andreas & Folke, Carl, 2011. "Participation, Adaptive Co-management, and Management Performance in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 662-671, April.
- Brandon, Katrina Eadie & Wells, Michael, 1992. "Planning for people and parks: Design dilemmas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 557-570, April.
- Bodin, Örjan & Crona, Beatrice I., 2008. "Management of Natural Resources at the Community Level: Exploring the Role of Social Capital and Leadership in a Rural Fishing Community," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2763-2779, December.
- Brandon, Katrina & Gorenflo, Larry J. & Rodrigues, Ana S.L. & Waller, Robert W., 2005. "Reconciling biodiversity conservation, people, protected areas, and agricultural suitability in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1403-1418, September.
- Fischer, Anke & Wakjira, Dereje Tadesse & Weldesemaet, Yitbarek Tibebe & Ashenafi, Zelealem Tefera, 2014. "On the Interplay of Actors in the Co-Management of Natural Resources – A Dynamic Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 158-168.
- Adhikari, Krishna Prasad & Goldey, Patricia, 2010. "Social Capital and its "Downside": The Impact on Sustainability of Induced Community-Based Organizations in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 184-194, February.
More about this item
Keywordsco-management; social capital; Brazil; conservation units; community involvement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:67:y:2015:i:c:p:475-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.